LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 154 users in the forums

Trey Lance QB NDSU

Trey Lance QB NDSU

This is the QB I like.

About that "he doesn´t throw to tight windows" cliche well any college QB throws to tight windows
Lance would be intriguing if he was still on the board when we pick. He's definitely raw. Reminds me of Josh Allen when he was coming out of Wyoming, but I truly see an Aaron Rodgers ceiling if he continues to develop as a passer. His playactions are ruthless.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Lance would be intriguing if he was still on the board when we pick. He's definitely raw. Reminds me of Josh Allen when he was coming out of Wyoming, but I truly see an Aaron Rodgers ceiling if he continues to develop as a passer. His playactions are ruthless.

A not quite as athletic Cam Newton mixed with a not quite as strong armed Josh Allen, and raw as hell. I see Jordan love. Intriguing, and I'd take a flyer if Jimmy doesn't look better this year, but I can't really see shanahan being in agreement
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

A not quite as athletic Cam Newton mixed with a not quite as strong armed Josh Allen, and raw as hell. I see Jordan love. Intriguing, and I'd take a flyer if Jimmy doesn't look better this year, but I can't really see shanahan being in agreement

Doesn't seem like a Shanahan-type, for sure. The kid brings some electricity to the position and a gun-slinger style to his game. I just really hope Jimmy proves everyone wrong and we can ride the rest of his contract while staying competitive.
he's going top 10 isnt he?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jimrat on Oct 17, 2020 at 9:27 AM ]

Josh Allen with better athleticism and a weaker arm.

Josh Allen went Top 10 largely because of that insane arm. He didn't have a lot of great performances in college, he struggled against the only good teams he faced but he was blessed with good size, decent athleticism and a Howitzer for a right arm.

Lance is more of a happy medium overall. His arm isn't anywhere as strong as Mahomes or Allen but he's a better athlete than either of them. Its going to be interesting how teams scout the guy considering the program he's coming out of. Basically every QB at NDSU has had success for a decade+ now. That program just dominates the FCS year in and year out and they tend to be stacked with talent compared to the other schools. Its also a very QB friendly offense but just like with Jordan Love, some team will roll the dice early on Lance because the tools are immense and the ceiling is incredible.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Look at those baby hands tho! Hope he's working on that before the combine.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Originally posted by stonecold590:
Jets, Giants and Wash could all 3 be looking at QB in the top 10. You just never know.

I'd bet ALOT of $ that Lawrence goes #1 overall to the Jets. They're getting worse as the season progresses and Gase has stunted Darnold's growth.

Can't be any smaller than Jimmy G's
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Jets, Giants and Wash could all 3 be looking at QB in the top 10. You just never know.

I'd bet ALOT of $ that Lawrence goes #1 overall to the Jets. They're getting worse as the season progresses and Gase has stunted Darnold's growth.

I'm sure when the season is over you would be able to find that prop bet online.

" But are their eyes going to be open to a potential upgrade? I think they will be. Maybe they'll wind up with a high pick, and a shot at someone like North Dakota State's Trey Lance, regarded by scouts as a strong fit for the Shanahan offense."
Share 49ersWebzone