Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 191 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Because he went on to say that those rumors were never verified. He literally just threw b******t into the ether and reported it as news. He did it to a kid who, from all indication has amazing character and toughness. Meanwhile, theres a guy who's out of shape with a DUI whose character is never questioned.

The whole thing screams of sloppy reporting and in today's society seems to be a dog whistle for racism.

Damned if he do. Damned if he don't. If he was asked why Fields was dropping and he didn't answer the question because it wasn't verified you'd be claiming racism still.

He is being roasted because he failed step 1 of journalism.

He literally repeated a rumor and didn't fact check it.

He admitted fact checking after being ripped on social media and identified 2 specific sources who told him the opposite of the story was true.

His excuse now is he reported what someone told him.

We already knew that...that is how rumors and BS spread.

Orlovsky is part of the problem and deserves the criticism
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Apr 4, 2021 at 9:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
seadderall fans wish they had half our history!

I agree. Team history is really important. It means a lot to the players too. This will be the Niners 71st year in the NFL. Counting the All American Confeence, they've been around for 75 years. The Giants baseball team is in their 138th season. The bay area is lucky to have teams with such a rich history with so many HOF players. That includes the Warriors and As and the now Vegas Raiders. All of them had great players and great announcers. 85 HOF players and coaches between those 5 franchises. Take that Seattle.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Apr 4, 2021 at 10:08 AM ]
ProFootballNetwork latest mock has us taking Fields and made this comment which I found to be pretty accurate:

"The criticism of Fields this offseason has been dramatic and somewhat unfair. No quarterback prospect is perfect, but Fields' competitive fire, unheard-of natural accuracy, and elite athletic traits are too often glossed over. He's the best QB still on the board."
I have gone round and round about this watching film, reading everyone's take, watching pro days just for grins and the wow wouldn't that be nice to have factor, and I have finally landed on Fields as the pick. I won't be mad at a Trey Lance pick by any means, but for me, I think Fields is the way to go. You will not convince me that they traded up to 3 for Mac Jones until I hear his name called on 4/29. And I still might not believe it then. I'm not buying it.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
I have gone round and round about this watching film, reading everyone's take, watching pro days just for grins and the wow wouldn't that be nice to have factor, and I have finally landed on Fields as the pick. I won't be mad at a Trey Lance pick by any means, but for me, I think Fields is the way to go. You will not convince me that they traded up to 3 for Mac Jones until I hear his name called on 4/29. And I still might not believe it then. I'm not buying it.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Because he went on to say that those rumors were never verified. He literally just threw b******t into the ether and reported it as news. He did it to a kid who, from all indication has amazing character and toughness. Meanwhile, theres a guy who's out of shape with a DUI whose character is never questioned.

The whole thing screams of sloppy reporting and in today's society seems to be a dog whistle for racism.

Damned if he do. Damned if he don't. If he was asked why Fields was dropping and he didn't answer the question because it wasn't verified you'd be claiming racism still.

Reading comprehension... I said in today's society it's a dog whistle for racism.
I'm fine with either Lance or Fields. The main reason why I personally give Fields the edge is his toughness, ability to elevate his game, be clutch in a game, and having gone through adversity which has showed up on film ie Clemson and Alabama. That "It" factor that you can't teach that and we all know how at this point how much Kyle LOOOOOVES toughness.

If Lance also has that, I hope they can determine that through film and interviewing him etc.
[ Edited by ninerFate on Apr 4, 2021 at 11:24 AM ]
Fields' arm is pulling me back to his bandwagon. I was on there for months, the Lance' blank slate and Pro-scheme experience started calling.

But you cannot teach the off-platform, quick accuracy Fields has. That ball jumps out of his hand like a rocket, and he can still throw with beautiful touch.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Apr 4, 2021 at 11:05 AM ]

What's the likelihood that Shanny takes both a toolsy QB at #3 and then a "pocket passer" like Davis Mills if he's available in the 4th round?

edited to put "pocket passer" in scare quotes because Fields is in reality also a pocket passer
[ Edited by swayze on Apr 4, 2021 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by swayze:
What's the likelihood that Shanny takes both a toolsy QB at #3 and then a "pocket passer" like Davis Mills if he's available in the 4th round?

edited to put "pocket passer" in scare quotes because Fields is in reality also a pocket passer

Doubt it as QB are always overvalued which is why 5 will go round 1 (maybe even top 10). I suspect Mills and others will go a round or two higher than we think.
We don't draft this guy, someone is getting a steal. Even if it's Atlanta @ 4. Lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Fields is good at everything Jimmy isn't lol. Deep throws and throws outside of the numbers are money for Fields.
Share 49ersWebzone