Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 202 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

They posted this a couple hours ago. Is that Shanny catching the pass? Seem like they trolling us lol

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Fields is a pro. Despite the lofty ranking he's always held, and even though he outplayed Lawrence at the Elite 11 camp and won the MVP, he was ranked behind him.

He goes to Georgia and out plays Jake Fromm, but due to politics and Kirby Smart's stubbornness he's stuck on the bench.

He transfers and now has people calling him a quitter, saying he couldn't hack it at Georgia and was too dumb to master the offense.

Sets records at Ohio State, 41 touchdowns 3 picks as a freshman with 10 rushing touchdowns... once again, out plays Lawrence in the bowl game in a loss... still, he's ranked behind him.

The Big 10 can't decide if they want to play football, so Fields starts a committee with a few other plays in the conference and they make their case. But now, OSU is hit with covid, injuries on offense, they miss over 300 practices, Fields suffers a hand injury in the Northwestern game.

Dabo Swinney says OSU is the 11th best team in the country and everyone tells OSU they dont belong, Fields once again out plays Lawrence even though he takes a brutal shot to the ribs early on.. 6 tds in a beatdown of Clemson..

Now, somehow, his stock is dropping. People are calling him dumb, he can't process, he's just a scrambler, isn't a leader, needs to show toughness. Not only is he behind Lawrence... again, he's behind three other guys.

Trust me, this kid is pissed and will work his butt off.

Very well said. I can see why people like the skill set of a Wilson, but Fields possesses the best combination of passing ability, resume, and playing big in big moments.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
They posted this a couple hours ago. Is that Shanny catching the pass? Seem like they trolling us lol

Lol love it, they got clips of Mike Shanahan working with all of them in the white board as well.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
NFLN guy Zierlien updated mock has Fields to Denver at 9 after we got Lance. JF ain't lasting that long if we don't pick him. In fact he had Carolina picking Jones at 8. What's with these so-called draft experts they are complete morons.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Zierlien, his early stuff is all him projecting, closer to the draft he's getting information.

He had us picking Ruggs and Diggs in his final mock last year. He may get some info but doesn't seem like he's got a pulse on what we're doing.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
NFLN guy Zierlien updated mock has Fields to Denver at 9 after we got Lance. JF ain't lasting that long if we don't pick him. In fact he had Carolina picking Jones at 8. What's with these so-called draft experts they are complete morons.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Zierlien, his early stuff is all him projecting, closer to the draft he's getting information.

He had us picking Ruggs and Diggs in his final mock last year. He may get some info but doesn't seem like he's got a pulse on what we're doing.

To be fair to him Ruggs was picked before we drafted, and if we did get him we wouldn't have picked Aiyuk as well.

I wonder how many of his are leaks vs dot connecting. He definitely gets some information though.
To be fair to him Ruggs was picked before we drafted, and if we did get him we wouldn't have picked Aiyuk as well.

I wonder how many of his are leaks vs dot connecting. He definitely gets some information though.

yeah Lance for sure has connections and like you said the draft is fluid...guys get taken over so and so and team trades mess up any mock.

3. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (VIA MIA) — QB JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE Unlike New York's decision with the second overall pick, I think there is a "right" selection here, assuming Lawrence and Wilson come off the board with the first two picks.

Fields' game has been put under the microscope over the past several weeks to the point where there are people — including NFL executives — looking for faults that aren't there. Fields earned a 90.0-plus PFF grade in each of the past two years as Ohio State's starter and an 85.0-plus grade in each of the Buckeyes' two playoff games this past season. That production comes along with high-end athletic traits, accuracy and arm talent.

That's the profile of a quarterback that teams should trade multiple first-round picks to move up and secure.
what Day said about Fields this weekend.

• On reads and game-plan prep. "He's very, very intelligent. He reminds me a lot of [former Buckeye] Joe Burrow when it comes to that. Tell him something once, and he absorbs it," Day said. Fields' 56-yard TD pass to Chris Olave in the January playoff game came on his fourth read in the progression, and it was thrown 62 yards in the air, to Olave at the Clemson goal line. Over their time together, Day said Fields has become more comfortable telling him what he likes and doesn't like in a game plan.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

• On reads and game-plan prep. "He's very, very intelligent. He reminds me a lot of [former Buckeye] Joe Burrow when it comes to that. Tell him something once, and he absorbs it," Day said. Fields' 56-yard TD pass to Chris Olave in the January playoff game came on his fourth read in the progression, and it was thrown 62 yards in the air, to Olave at the Clemson goal line. Over their time together, Day said Fields has become more comfortable telling him what he likes and doesn't like in a game plan.

wHaTs hE suPpoSeD to say?

i think all the top 5 Qbs are smart and hard workers which i like

The Jets are fools if they take Wilson over Fields at #2 and we will be even bigger fools if we take anyone other than Fields at #3 if he's there. Do the right thing Shanahan

Your keyboard may have an intermittent caps lock problem.

Lol right, he also gave a negative which was how he played too much hero ball and brought up the Indiana game...said he needed to take what they were giving him more. That's a common thing with a lot of this uber talent QBs in college. That's a learned trait for sure...
24 Days til Fields boys!

People have talked for years about how Shanny wants a guy who will exhaust the play before free lancing. Now when it is Fields he " holds the ball too long".
Share 49ersWebzone