LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

I thought Fields' social media was all about football? This is a red flag.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
I think Fields and Lance are both high level ceilings but Justin is the safer of the two IMO. I think he is more accurate and he also has more on tape.

Lance is more mobile and hasn't really played since 2019. There is so much projection with him. I don't think he really offers anything that Justin can't do.

Yea, I for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would prefer lance to Fields. That makes no sense. I can understand over Jones solely because some prefer physical attributes. Just can't see how anyone would take him over Fields.

I think it was the mentality of the #12 pick.

Fields wasn't a realistic option so many fans convinced themselves Lance is better than Fields and we win by not having him.

Now that we moved up and Fields is an option it is hard to erase all the previous convincing that was done.

IMO Lance is a guy you take hoping he becomes like Fields. Lance may turn out better but he has to maximize potential and there are too many unknowns right now.

I'm agreeing with all of this
lol at this guy. Even since he put out that BS rumor and got called out for it, he's been swinging from Fields' nuts.

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 5, 2021 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
lol at this guy. Even since he put out that BS rumor and got called out for it, he's been swinging from Fields' nuts.

It's very possible Fields is QB1 or QB2 for him. We know how he is when it comes to players he had coached before . Time and time again he prefers those guys if they proved themselves.

Could be a situation where Saleh told him they're likely going Wilson . But Kyle is still doesn't wanna risk losing out on Fields so he needs to stay quiet and let the Mac rumors fly .

if fields isn't the pick then we riot .
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
It's very possible Fields is QB1 or QB2 for him. We know how he is when it comes to players he had coached before . Time and time again he prefers those guys if they proved themselves.

Could be a situation where Saleh told him they're likely going Wilson . But Kyle is still doesn't wanna risk losing out on Fields so he needs to stay quiet and let the Mac rumors fly .

That's what I hope/think as well. I think we have Fields as the clear guy behind Lawrence(pretty where he's been almost the whole season and definitely after the Clemson game this year)

I'm sure we like Wilson as well which is why we didn't have an issue moving to 3, guaranteeing yourself one of Lawrence/Fields/Wilson. I think the familiarity with Fields, his toughness and his overall talent makes him the guy Kyle really wants the most outside of Lawrence. No reason to say how much you really love Fields in the media just in case the Jets decide to reconsider their choice(I mean they're about to run Kyle's offense, if they find out he's higher on Fields, maybe they should make the move themselves) or the more likely one...they don't want another team jumping to 2 to grab Fields ahead of us.

Just because you're ok with Wilson, doesn't mean you may not have a preference.

And yes obviously I'm guessing here.

Originally posted by Heroism:

Dan Orlovsky be like:

• thl408
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

That's what I hope/think as well. I think we have Fields as the clear guy behind Lawrence(pretty where he's been almost the whole season and definitely after the Clemson game this year)

I'm sure we like Wilson as well which is why we didn't have an issue moving to 3, guaranteeing yourself one of Lawrence/Fields/Wilson. I think the familiarity with Fields, his toughness and his overall talent makes him the guy Kyle really wants the most outside of Lawrence. No reason to say how much you really love Fields in the media just in case the Jets decide to reconsider their choice(I mean they're about to run Kyle's offense, if they find out he's higher on Fields, maybe they should make the move themselves) or the more likely one...they don't want another team jumping to 2 to grab Fields ahead of us.

Just because you're ok with Wilson, doesn't mean you may not have a preference.

And yes obviously I'm guessing here.

This makes sense to me (bolded). When news of the trade to #3 first broke, I thought that perhaps Saleh tipped off what the NYJ might do, so the move to #3 assured that SF got the guy they wanted. But because there's still so much time between now and the draft, SF has to be okay with at least two QBs in case NYJ changes their mind. And because it's possible for NYJ to change their mind, it makes sense for SF to not reveal their hand.
This is a great read when discussing who should be our pick at 3 between Fields/Lance/Jones
https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/5/22366386/49ers-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-rookies-justin-fields-mac-jones-trey-lance

" … Justin Fields from Ohio State may be the most physically gifted quarterback," McShay said, transcribed by NESN. "He's got size, speed. He ran a 4.44 in his 40-yard dash at his pro day. He's got the arm. He's accurate when he sees his target. But the problem is — as the team did research on this in the NFL — over 200 throws, 200-plus were to his primary receiver. Only seven were to his secondary receiver. That's what I saw on tape — a guy that has a great scheme and great receivers. The other thing is, he likes to see his receiver come open.

---------------------

Getting the ball to your primary receiver is great if he supposed to be the first read. This stat indicates he looking to throw primarily to one guy, whether or not he is first read in the play. If true, he's not one-read quarterback as some people have suggested, but a go-to-one-guy quarterback. This is even worse, meaning he doesn't read at all.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
" … Justin Fields from Ohio State may be the most physically gifted quarterback," McShay said, transcribed by NESN. "He's got size, speed. He ran a 4.44 in his 40-yard dash at his pro day. He's got the arm. He's accurate when he sees his target. But the problem is — as the team did research on this in the NFL — over 200 throws, 200-plus were to his primary receiver. Only seven were to his secondary receiver. That's what I saw on tape — a guy that has a great scheme and great receivers. The other thing is, he likes to see his receiver come open.

---------------------

Getting the ball to your primary receiver is great if he supposed to be the first read. This stat indicates he looking to throw primarily to one guy, whether or not he is first read in the play. If true, he's not one-read quarterback as some people have suggested, but a go-to-one-guy quarterback. This is even worse, meaning he doesn't read at all.

Seems weird for anybody to complain about 200 throws to his primary receiver when he had games with more TDs than incomplete passes....
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

---------------------

How do they know?
Goodness what a mess this will be until a day or 2 before,...at best.
Originally posted by random49er:
Goodness what a mess this will be until a day or 2 before,...at best.

Agreed. Usually a few days prior the rumor whispers start to become and a deafening scream.
Share 49ersWebzone