There are 175 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He reminds me so much of Russell Wilson, it will be interesting how the season plays out and where we will be picking but if we have a chance to take him, NFC West QB's would be insane with Wilson, Murray, Fields, Goff.
Originally posted by jimrat:
He reminds me so much of Russell Wilson, it will be interesting how the season plays out and where we will be picking but if we have a chance to take him, NFC West QB's would be insane with Wilson, Murray, Fields, Goff.

Russell Wilson had a 73% completion, threw for over 3,000 yards and 33 touchdowns out of a pro-style west coast offense. I don't see Russell Wilson at all.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 13, 2020 at 10:42 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Russell Wilson had a 73% completion, threw for over 3,000 yards and 33 touchdowns out of a pro-style west coast offense. I don't see Russell Wilson at all.

His play to me reminds of Wilson, taller but thickly built, maneuvers around the pocket when pressured and makes something out of nothing, pass first, run second. I'm not the only one see's it, been seeing a lot of comps to Wilson.
His play to me reminds of Wilson, taller but thickly built, maneuvers around the pocket when pressured and makes something out of nothing, pass first, run second. I'm not the only one see's it, been seeing a lot of comps to Wilson.

I see a lot of disappointed people in the future if they expect Russell Wilson from Justin Fields. Wilson wasn't just insanely accurate in college(most efficient passing efficiency coming out that year in the nation (out of a pro-style offense to boot)). He was incredibly smart and had everything between the ears. He was already adept at reading and manipulating secondaries coming out of Wisconsin. Dude oozed intangibles.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 13, 2020 at 12:08 PM ]
Lol @ any osu qb

A really nice breakdown of Fields' game against Michigan.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I got a big man crush on Fields, nice breakdown by JT O'Sullivan, love his videos.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

I got a big man crush on Fields, nice breakdown by JT O'Sullivan, love his videos.
Here is part 2 and 3

Fields is legit. Hes not the same athlete as Lawrence or Lance, but hes a smart QB with a really good arm.

Check out Matt Corral. Red shirt sophmore

I haven't watched much college this year and I hate to evaluate a prospect off of a highlight video. That said, I watched 2 minutes into the video, and there was one throw from the pocket. That's already a red flag if your evaluating QBs for Kyle.

One would hope that Kyle would learn his lesson on this topic. RIP opportunity to draft the best QB in the league to take Saruman Thomas.

I really like what I see of Fields. There is nothing lacking in ability. It's always an gamble to extent, but so is every pick. Trade up for this guy, IMHO.
Originally posted by wailers15:
He's Nothing like Lamar. And so far still looks like Lamar can't throw a nice deep. Can use your legs for so long.

Lamar had problems with accuracy in his rookie year. He is the rare exception to the rule with QBs. He got much better at passing in year two.
Not 100% convinced with Fields. There's definitely talent there, but not "Wilson" level talent.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Not 100% convinced with Fields. There's definitely talent there, but not "Wilson" level talent.

I never said he is Wilson level talent, I said his style of play reminds me of Wilson.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

I never said he is Wilson level talent, I said his style of play reminds me of Wilson.

Personally, I see more Ryan Tannehill in the style of play, which isn't necessarily a bad thing especially when thinking about a QB that fits Shanahan's style of offense.
Share 49ersWebzone