Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

• thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol right on cue now that he's going to his pro day

Got Rap saying he still "thinks" it's Jones but it's not a full blown 100% no one has said anything....

I'm telling you man we could start a bingo board. This s**ts gonna be so predictable as they slowly back track their "it's a lock" predictions. I'll just be sitting here thinking about who I want in the 3rd round.

There's still enough days till the draft that we go one more cycle of "it's Mac" -> "it's Fields -> "it's Lance", then back to "it's Mac".
Originally posted by 49ers808:
He also said he still believes it's settled "Mac Jones"

Thats nowhere near what he sais
I'd say play reverse telephone and I bet the person who started the rumors to cause Fields to "slip" lead back to New England. That's why they have supposedly been in contact with the Falcons. In case we pass on Fields they get to come in and start a new dynasty.
The last shot wins...guess its lance or fields wowing the 49ers right before draftday
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

right I have no idea how you got that from that clip? Rap on the Rich Eisen show just said NO ONE has said anything in SF. They still think it's Mac but that's based off people trying to peg who Kyle likes, not from anyone that actually knows.
I'd say play reverse telephone and I bet the person who started the rumors to cause Fields to "slip" lead back to New England. That's why they have supposedly been in contact with the Falcons. In case we pass on Fields they get to come in and start a new dynasty.

Or they'll just wait on Watson and Kraft can give him some helpful tips on the best rug and tug joints in Boston.
The last shot wins...guess its lance or fields wowing the 49ers right before draftday

I doubt the Pro Day performances will tip the scales in anyway. Just another opportunity to see these guys up close, see them interact with teammates and talk to people that have been around them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or they'll just wait on Watson and Kraft can give him some helpful tips on the best rug and tug joints in Boston.

From experience, a rub and tug is always best after a joint.
I'm amazed how a guy that most people felt was the second best QB entering the draft has become a player with a lot of questions marks. Work ethic. In consistency. He'll need to be coached well. You have to wonder if teams aren't throwing these comments out there hoping the Niners pass on him so he slips back and gives them a shot. We see stuff like this every year but this is an extreme case. There were a few (not a lot) who thought Fields was almost as good as Lawrence.

Cosell is one who said he has great physical skills but will require some good coaching. Isn't that what Kyle's supposed to be able to do? If he has to hire a QB whisperer to come in and refine his motion or whatever, then do it. They call them coaches for a reason.
Hope some season ticket holders let jed know who they want...maybe a plane with a sign would do the work
[ Edited by 49ersFan_vienna on Apr 9, 2021 at 11:42 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ers808:
He also said he still believes it's settled "Mac Jones"

At the 30 second mark, "I think it's settled, I agree with Mark". Nowhere near what he said? He didn't say Mac in that particular clip but make no mistake that is who he is referring too.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by boast:
Lol right on cue now that he's going to his pro day

he's still saying Kyle is selecting Mac

Mike Silver is about as dialed in with the 9ers as it gets. Former local writer who is now a national TV guy and writer. His contacts in the org go back a long way.

It's tough to keep the Fields dream alive when the most reliable national guys (Schefter and Silver) are saying it will be Jones, and the local beat guys, like Barrows and Maiocco, seem to be laying the foundation for fans to be okay with Jones.

Same guy who said George Kittle was going to opt out of the season?

Mike Silver WAS dialed into the 9ers. Not sure why you guys think these guys still have some sources others don't have. And he rambled on and said nothing about Mac Jones is still the guy.

He simply said he thinks the 49ers are settled on a guy which I'm quite certain is the case. You don't make the move up to #3 like that without having a clear #3 guy, possibly #2 guy if you're confident he's not going 1/2.

All of this "we have a month to figure out who we like" stuff is BS. They know who they want. Everything else is fluff. I just pray it's Justin Fields.
  • exile
  • Veteran
"He'll have to be coached well" applies to literally every player at every position in the NFL. Sports commentators get paid well to say nothing whatsoever...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For my money it's Jordan's Furniture.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm amazed how a guy that most people felt was the second best QB entering the draft has become a player with a lot of questions marks. Work ethic. In consistency. He'll need to be coached well. You have to wonder if teams aren't throwing these comments out there hoping the Niners pass on him so he slips back and gives them a shot. We see stuff like this every year but this is an extreme case. There were a few (not a lot) who thought Fields was almost as good as Lawrence.

Cosell is one who said he has great physical skills but will require some good coaching. Isn't that what Kyle's supposed to be able to do? If he has to hire a QB whisperer to come in and refine his motion or whatever, then do it. They call them coaches for a reason.

Happens all the time. Happened to Watson. Happened to Darnold. Happened to Herbert. On and on.

Sometimes it's over analysis.
Share 49ersWebzone