There are 193 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'd say play reverse telephone and I bet the person who started the rumors to cause Fields to "slip" lead back to New England. That's why they have supposedly been in contact with the Falcons. In case we pass on Fields they get to come in and start a new dynasty.

Or they'll just wait on Watson and Kraft can give him some helpful tips on the best rug and tug joints in Boston.

From experience, a rub and tug is always best after a joint.

Haha. There seems to be a lot more tugging after a joint though! LMAO
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lol right on cue now that he's going to his pro day

Got Rap saying he still "thinks" it's Jones but it's not a full blown 100% no one has said anything....

I'm telling you man we could start a bingo board. This s**ts gonna be so predictable as they slowly back track their "it's a lock" predictions. I'll just be sitting here thinking about who I want in the 3rd round.

There's still enough days till the draft that we go one more cycle of "it's Mac" -> "it's Fields -> "it's Lance", then back to "it's Mac".

"We're on to Lance."
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
He also said he still believes it's settled "Mac Jones"

Thats nowhere near what he sais

At the 30 second mark, "I think it's settled, I agree with Mark". Nowhere near what he said? He didn't say Mac in that particular clip but make no mistake that is who he is referring too.

He's talking about who they want at #3.

Basically he's saying he thinks Kyle and the 49ers know who they want at #3 and it's settled in their mind and it's people who are trying to read Kyle's mind there are plenty who think it's settled on FIelds, and obviously others who think it's settled on Jones.
  • thl408
The last shot wins...guess its lance or fields wowing the 49ers right before draftday

I doubt the Pro Day performances will tip the scales in anyway. Just another opportunity to see these guys up close, see them interact with teammates and talk to people that have been around them.

Are NFL teams allowed to make suggestions on what types of drills/throws they want to see a QB prospect make during these pro days? It'd take on a bit more meaning if this was the case.
The last shot wins...guess its lance or fields wowing the 49ers right before draftday

I doubt the Pro Day performances will tip the scales in anyway. Just another opportunity to see these guys up close, see them interact with teammates and talk to people that have been around them.

Are NFL teams allowed to make suggestions on what types of drills/throws they want to see a QB prospect make during these pro days? It'd take on a bit more meaning if this was the case.

Who knows with Covid or if things have changed lately:

"I remember doing team-specific drills for the Titans and Giants at my pro day. After the standard backpedal, turn, plant-and-drive, etc. I did for all the scouts in attendance, coaches from both squads had me run through their drills."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1987252-an-inside-view-on-nfl-draft-pro-days
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 9, 2021 at 12:04 PM ]
Fields is hands down the 2nd best QB in this draft and he is not that far behind Lawrence.

What if NYJ takes Fields.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Fields is hands down the 2nd best QB in this draft and he is not that far behind Lawrence.

Fields is closer to Lawrence than Jones is to Fields.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Apr 9, 2021 at 12:13 PM ]
  • thl408

I don't think it's too far fetched to think this could happen. Is it possible that Saleh/LaFlauer like Wilson but the GM won't allow these rookie coaches to make the decision? I don't know what kind of dynamics are in NYJ.

THEN WE BOOGIE OUR WAY UP TO THE PODIUM

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 9, 2021 at 12:16 PM ]

I think teams can request specific looks. In the covid year with no personal workouts it makes sense.

I remember reading or hearing that Fields was taking requests at the end of his 1st pro day and it impressed scouts.

I'm having trouble finding the source for that though so it could be old man memory. The 2nd pro day news has made all the old reports disappear from search results. Too much noise from common terms is pushing the old stuff way down on results
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Apr 9, 2021 at 12:19 PM ]

Fields or Lance please. I really don't care at this point either will do.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

I think teams can request specific looks. In the covid year with no personal workouts it makes sense.

I remember reading or hearing that Fields was taking requests at the end of his 1st pro day and it impressed scouts.

I'm having trouble finding the source for that though so it could be old man memory.

Right, because of no Combine this year pro days may mean a bit more than past years. It shouldn't sway a team's decision, but a team may want to see the prospect do things that their college offense didn't require them to do much of in terms of movement. So for Mac it may be take a snap from under center, playaction, turn around and throw - to watch his feet. For Fields it could be 3/5 step drop, throw with no hitch - to watch his release and how it holds up in the quick game.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yeah I have my concerns about Wilson but if the Jets go with Fields then I'm confident Wilson would be our pick.

However while there is still ambiguity about our pick it certainly SOUNDS like Wilson is the Jets guy. And since we all know Jags are taking Lawrence the Jets actually don't need to put down any smoke screens.
Originally posted by Heroism:

me likey!
At the 30 second mark, "I think it's settled, I agree with Mark". Nowhere near what he said? He didn't say Mac in that particular clip but make no mistake that is who he is referring too.

Dude nowhere in that clip did he say Jones is the pick...all he said was they knew who they were taking (or had a damn good idea) when they made the pick.

Then he went on to talk about Fields and how a lot of people are starting to think he might be the pick.

It's all crap anyway you slice it, Kyle and Co. haven't said anything and now that's becoming more clear. Rapp said it and Albright has said too.
Share 49ersWebzone