There are 303 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Teams lie this time of year because there is no value in telling anyone what you plan to do. Even if we loved Jones, it would be crazy to tell anyone about it because it just puts attention on him for other teams. I heard Pat Kirwan takes Mac Jones to the Jets in a mock today.....that would be a thing happening if everyone wasn't talking about him to #3 already. Us moving to #3 and rumors flying about us liking him has raised his stock on its own.

If you telegraph Jones as the pick.....what if Atlanta really loves him too? Then they jump you with the Jets and take him, and the Jets still get either Fields or Wilson......and you lost the guy you moved up to get. That's a win for them and an extra 1st rounder to boot.

That's why you still have to disguise your pick, even at #3.

to me the only thing that makes sense at this point is either:

A) They really like Mac Jones and Kyle Shanahan has taken over the building

B) They have Justin Fields graded much much higher than Zach Wilson and have Trevor and Fields in their Tier 1 ranking. And they don't want the Jets to reconsider Fields.

Lance doesn't really fit anywhere in this picture, so I think they are not that serious about him.

That means its 99% Lance.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 9, 2021 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Teams lie this time of year because there is no value in telling anyone what you plan to do. Even if we loved Jones, it would be crazy to tell anyone about it because it just puts attention on him for other teams. I heard Pat Kirwan takes Mac Jones to the Jets in a mock today.....that would be a thing happening if everyone wasn't talking about him to #3 already. Us moving to #3 and rumors flying about us liking him has raised his stock on its own.

If you telegraph Jones as the pick.....what if Atlanta really loves him too? Then they jump you with the Jets and take him, and the Jets still get either Fields or Wilson......and you lost the guy you moved up to get. That's a win for them and an extra 1st rounder to boot.

Yeah I mean there's not point to say who you want when picking 3rd overall...regardless of how certain the other picks are.

Unless you are on the clock you need to lie.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

B) They have Justin Fields graded much much higher than Zach Wilson and have Trevor and Fields in their Tier 1 ranking. And they don't want the Jets to reconsider Fields.

Lance doesn't really fit anywhere in this picture, so I think they are not that serious about him.

yea, you might be right.

I'm just thinking like, why do all this smokescreen crap with Jones if its Lance though? I know the Falcons might like him and theres a possibility they can trade up to #2, but its just really unlikely that they'd trade up for a QB considering that they have Ryan.

The Jets to me just don't really seem that serious about Lance either.

yea, you might be right.

I'm just thinking like, why do all this smokescreen crap with Jones if its Lance though? I know the Falcons might like him and theres a possibility they can trade up to #2, but its just really unlikely that they'd trade up for a QB considering that they have Ryan.

Yeah its really just fans and media over thinking it all. Lance will be talked about if he has a second pro day and niners brass attends.

yea, you might be right.

The fact that that possibility exists is why you don't reveal your pick ahead of time. Nothing to gain from it, only something to lose.

Hell even if Kyle said "We're taking Mac Jones #3" and then Jones gets arrested for stealing cookies from the cookie jar...do we still take him? What if he's arrested for murdering the cookie monster? Can't draft a murderer right?

Now you're forced to draft someone else and that guy knows you didn't want him.

The guy who was the consensus number two QB for 95% of the last two years is going to get passed by for Chips Ahoy? Just can't really buy it. Fine line between stubborn arrogance and being an idiot.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

The guy who was the consensus number two QB for 95% of the last two years is going to get passed by for Chips Ahoy? Just can't really buy it. Fine line between stubborn arrogance and being an idiot.

I dont think the Falcons would let Fields go if he were there. Word that they are fielding calls for #4 makes me think the believe Fields will be gone when they pick.

I dont think the Falcons would let Fields go if he were there. Word that they are fielding calls for #4 makes me think the believe Fields will be gone when they pick.

Anyone know if Fields 2nd pro day is televised?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I not 100% but if I were a betting man you would bet your ass it would be. Everyone is gonna want to disect Kyle's reactions. His ability to poker face is gonna be put to the test next week.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Apr 9, 2021 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Im sure it will. I'm sure daniel Jeremiah or whatever other expert they have there will be shocked and awed by his performance and then they'll start the narrative that maybe hes the number 2 pick.
s**t we smoke screened all the way until Bosa was the pick a couple yrs ago...no one truly knew who the pick was gonna be. QW noise was picking up steam Rapp said we love him and he might not make it to 3 lol. No clue on McG or Kin really.

Yeah Jones fits the old shanny vibe....doesn't fit all the s**t he's been saying the past 6 months though.

We will see. Sucks I loved the move up now it's a straight up 49er draft nightmare for me lol. I can't even focus on the rest of the draft.

Me too! Haven't done a mock, haven't looked at the edge rushers. Instead I've now watched every Fields, Lance and Mac game, at least on cut ups.

I think a lot of the evaluations on Lance and Mac are fairly accurate. Fields is a head scratcher, don't understand how anyone could not think he's a stud.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Very possible.
Share 49ersWebzone