There are 334 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Name the last great Ohio State QB to make it in the pros in the last 30 years.

Scout the player not the school. And dont even bring up Haskins. The talent level between the two isnt close. And yes I watch every OSU game bc I'm from ohio and that's my team. Urban Meyer and ryan Day doesnt even run the same scheme. Fields is a future star.
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

Destiny awaits in 20 days.
Originally posted by jimrat:

LMAO, how many times is this going to brought up.

No kidding. SO LAME!

So is your argument that Zach Wilson will be good because Mike Holmgren coached Steve Young at BYU 30 years ago? But Justin Fields won't be even though his CURRENT coach was actually a QB coach in the NFL?
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

There's no in between.

Maybe Shanahan has its gotta be me syndrome... he's gotta be the reason the niners win the superbowl. Picking fields who would make plays out side of the system might over shadow the coach. Any way that's one take.. what do you think?
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
Maybe Shanahan has its gotta be me syndrome... he's gotta be the reason the niners win the superbowl. Picking fields who would make plays out side of the system might over shadow the coach. Any way that's one take.. what do you think?

He's picking Fields so he can do even more creative plays so he will get even more recognition.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He's picking Fields so he can do even more creative plays so he will get even more recognition.

Hope your right go niners

There's no in between.

I mean, I kinda wanna see this happen.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
So is your argument that Zach Wilson will be good because Mike Holmgren coached Steve Young at BYU 30 years ago? But Justin Fields won't be even though his CURRENT coach was actually a QB coach in the NFL?

I'm sorry, is Taysom Hill not a real person in your world? The disrespect.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There's no in between.

As someone who's done demo on houses this would be impressive ngl I'm with Phoenix on this
  • bors
  • Veteran

There's no in between.

This is a fair assessment.

This. He's been around the game his whole life. I think a lot of people on this forum feel like he's some sort of narcissist that thinks he's smarter than the rest of the world. I really doubt that's the case. He's seen the highs and lows of his dad's coaching career. He fully realizes scheme can only take you so far. This is a talent driven league. And let's not forget, he hand-picked lynch and has the last say on personnel decisions. This is the biggest move of his career. If he messes it up there's a real chance he'll never get another shot at making a call like this. Would shock me at this point if the pick is anyone but Fields. Lance has the athleticism but not the pedigree. Jones has the pedigree but not the athleticism. Fields has it all. Could've gone #1 overall if things had broken just a little differently. Probably should be the number two pick. The entire league will be singing Shannahans praises on draft day when he picks Fields. And if he actually wins with the guy he'll be looked at as one of the greats.
[ Edited by roasthawg on Apr 9, 2021 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There's no in between.

As someone who's done demo on houses this would be impressive ngl I'm with Phoenix on this

Yup. Would drafting Jones be worth this spectacle? Nope, but this would be entertaining, and pictures or it didn't happen.
Share 49ersWebzone