There are 322 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by roasthawg:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
Maybe Shanahan has its gotta be me syndrome... he's gotta be the reason the niners win the superbowl. Picking fields who would make plays out side of the system might over shadow the coach. Any way that's one take.. what do you think?

He's picking Fields so he can do even more creative plays so he will get even more recognition.

This. He's been around the game his whole life. I think a lot of people on this forum feel like he's some sort of narcissist that thinks he's smarter than the rest of the world. I really doubt that's the case. He's seen the highs and lows of his dad's coaching career. He fully realizes scheme can only take you so far. This is a talent driven league. And let's not forget, he hand-picked lynch and has the last say on personnel decisions. This is the biggest move of his career. If he messes it up there's a real chance he'll never get another shot at making a call like this. Would shock me at this point if the pick is anyone but Fields. Lance has the athleticism but not the pedigree. Jones has the pedigree but not the athleticism. Fields has it all. Could've gone #1 overall if things had broken just a little differently. Probably should be the number two pick. The entire league will be singing Shannahans praises on draft day when he picks Fields. And if he actually wins with the guy he'll be looked at as one of the greats.

Well explain it to us then lol... anyway I get your points... again ... hope you're right... I'm a niner fan and not here to win the day. Just want more superbowl championships. Nothing more nothing less. All in for justin fields ... hope shanny is too !!!😁😁😁
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

Destiny awaits in 20 days.

I mean, I kinda wanna see this happen.

Originally posted by 4ML:
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

Originally posted by flynhayn15:
So is your argument that Zach Wilson will be good because Mike Holmgren coached Steve Young at BYU 30 years ago? But Justin Fields won't be even though his CURRENT coach was actually a QB coach in the NFL?

I'm sorry, is Taysom Hill not a real person in your world? The disrespect.

He is not a real person in the great QB discussion.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

There's no in between.

Originally posted by mayo49:

There's no in between.

Maybe Shanahan has its gotta be me syndrome... he's gotta be the reason the niners win the superbowl. Picking fields who would make plays out side of the system might over shadow the coach. Any way that's one take.. what do you think?

He's picking Fields so he can do even more creative plays so he will get even more recognition.

This. He's been around the game his whole life. I think a lot of people on this forum feel like he's some sort of narcissist that thinks he's smarter than the rest of the world. I really doubt that's the case. He's seen the highs and lows of his dad's coaching career. He fully realizes scheme can only take you so far. This is a talent driven league. And let's not forget, he hand-picked lynch and has the last say on personnel decisions. This is the biggest move of his career. If he messes it up there's a real chance he'll never get another shot at making a call like this. Would shock me at this point if the pick is anyone but Fields. Lance has the athleticism but not the pedigree. Jones has the pedigree but not the athleticism. Fields has it all. Could've gone #1 overall if things had broken just a little differently. Probably should be the number two pick. The entire league will be singing Shannahans praises on draft day when he picks Fields. And if he actually wins with the guy he'll be looked at as one of the greats.

Well explain it to us then lol... anyway I get your points... again ... hope you're right... I'm a niner fan and not here to win the day. Just want more superbowl championships. Nothing more nothing less. All in for justin fields ... hope shanny is too !!!😁😁😁
All in on fields! I thought it was interesting that they picked up Josh Johnson last year might be something there he was always a good athlete, maybe Kyle was experimenting with the playbook last yr to see how he could implement a dual threat QB. Would not see the field but could mentor fields I also find it interesting that Adam Peters & crew were at Fields Pro day when they knew he was going to have a 2nd Pro day
[ Edited by Wheelz29 on Apr 9, 2021 at 7:52 PM ]

There's no in between.

Phoenix wants to see this dude jerk off to OSU highlights.
Wth happened to this thread lmao
Originally posted by boomer49er:

There's no in between.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by mayo49:

There's no in between.

pauseeeee
Originally posted by Wheelz29:

All in on fields! I thought it was interesting that they picked up Josh Johnson last year might be something there he was always a good athlete, maybe Kyle was experimenting with the playbook last yr to see how he could implement a dual threat QB. I also find it interesting that Adam Peters & crew were at Fields Pro day when they knew he was going to have a 2nd Pro day

how old is josh johnson anyway ... shouldn't he be a coach buy now lol Justin is the guy ... Minimum 2 Lombardis... come on kyle .. don't blow this.. dynasty or bust.
Originally posted by boomer49er:

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Name the last great Ohio State QB to make it in the pros in the last 30 years.
Johnny Utah?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Name the last great Ohio State QB to make it in the pros in the last 30 years.
Johnny Utah?

Honestly brings up a good point of why some of the biggest college programs in alabama and osu don't have any successful qbs coming out. People will say too much talent around them so they don't face any challenges. Yet deshaun Watson came from Clemson which was stacked. But yeah maybe that holds some weight as most of the other great qbs in the league right now came from decent but not amazing college teams. Lamar, Russ, mahomes, etc. Good news for Fields fans is after watching some game film of his that osu line has borderline bad. Definitely not dominant. So he's faced some adversity via pass rush for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone