There are 353 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hand to not like the kid.

Mature beyond his years. You can tell his pops was strict being a former Marine and cop.

Yup, and this was from 2019. Imagine how much maturity he gained from this year. Saving the big 10 season, leading a team through a Covid year and even playing a game against Illinois with a bunch of his players and even his head coach, were out because they had covid.

I just think the Character he has makes him as bust proof as you can get, especially with all of his talent that he already displays. I won't allow myself to believe that Kyle and especially Lynch would pass on that.
Doesn't seem he throws with timing/anticipation regularly. Holds on to the ball for 3+ seconds. Hard to get by like that in the pro's.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Doesn't seem he throws with timing/anticipation regularly. Holds on to the ball for 3+ seconds. Hard to get by like that in the pro's.

You do know that is what is being asked of him right? That is how the offense is run.
It HAS to be him, no?
Whats not to like on Justin Fields and his enormous potential?
I mean...Mac Jones? COME ON !!! You gotta be kidding me.

If only he can be paired up with a coach who like to define the QBs reads.
Originally posted by Jcool:

You do know that is what is being asked of him right? That is how the offense is run.

How many times does that need to be said in here lol SMDH
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Jones isn't that bad, he is younger, cheaper Jimmy. That still has value, we can win games with that if he is able to stay healthy where Jimmy wasn't. I dont really think it was worth the haul we traded to get up here and end up with Jones but if it ends up him we are still in good shape. He just doesnt bring anything to the table that we cant get elsewhere. If we moved Jimmy to get one of those firsts we spent back I would be a little more comfortable. Still disappointed because I think it is clear Fields is the much better prospect, but I would live with it. Especially when we are still winning games and have the money to keep Warner and Bosa etc.

Then I'll take Pitts and Mills in the 2nd if we want "not bad" and Jimmy 2.0.

I would have rather not drafted a QB all together this yr and kept my picks. I would have rather given Dalton $10M if all we want is a system QB.

Jones isn't gonna beat the Allen/PM/Wilson/Rogers of the league.

Sure he will with our D. We win that Super Bowl against KC if Jones was QB and not Jimmy. Would be underwhelmed with the pick but there are things he does to be excited about. I'm more concerned with Jones' frame and getting injured after a big hit.

That being said....

I still want Fields.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hand to not like the kid.

yup
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Name the last great Ohio State QB to make it in the pros in the last 30 years.

First you name the last great QB to come out of Texas Tech before Mahomes.

So many schools you can say this about. It really is a tiresome argument that makes no sense. Last good Alabama QB in last 30 years? See its easy. Last good LSU QB before Burrow? Last great University of Texa or Florida QB? ,Last great Wyoming QB before Allen? Dumb, pointless argument.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Jones isn't that bad, he is younger, cheaper Jimmy. That still has value, we can win games with that if he is able to stay healthy where Jimmy wasn't. I dont really think it was worth the haul we traded to get up here and end up with Jones but if it ends up him we are still in good shape. He just doesnt bring anything to the table that we cant get elsewhere. If we moved Jimmy to get one of those firsts we spent back I would be a little more comfortable. Still disappointed because I think it is clear Fields is the much better prospect, but I would live with it. Especially when we are still winning games and have the money to keep Warner and Bosa etc.

Then I'll take Pitts and Mills in the 2nd if we want "not bad" and Jimmy 2.0.

I would have rather not drafted a QB all together this yr and kept my picks. I would have rather given Dalton $10M if all we want is a system QB.

Jones isn't gonna beat the Allen/PM/Wilson/Rogers of the league.

Sure he will with our D. We win that Super Bowl against KC if Jones was QB and not Jimmy. Would be underwhelmed with the pick but there are things he does to be excited about. I'm more concerned with Jones' frame and getting injured after a big hit.

That being said....

I still want Fields.

You may be right. Thing is we're making this move with hopefully 10+ years in mind. Which means your team isn't likely to stay the same over the course of his career.

You can't assume you have a top defense the whole time so getting a solid scheme guy who flourishes when all is great around him may work out short term but going to be hard to watch a few years down the road.

That's my main concern with Mac. What does he look like if not surrounded with elite talent? And as much as I love our roster he'll be facing teams which match up well with us and he'll very rarely if ever have matchups so favorable as he had at Bama vs some of the lesser schools.

We've seen adversity that Fields had to face. He rose more times than not. You know more or less what you're getting with him when s**t hits the fan. Mac is an unknown in that regard and that makes me very nervous when drafting someone so high and giving up so much to get there.

not sure how many times we have to explain why he had to hold onto the ball....
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

Destiny awaits in 20 days.

19 days until Fields!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
19 days until Fields!

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
No homo, but I will probably jerk off to OSU highlight reels until the first preseason game if Justin Fields is the pick.

I'll punch threw every square inch of my dry wall in my house if Mac Jones is the pick.

If Lance is the pick I'll be a rational adult and be like "that's a solid pick" and move on.

There's no in between.

Destiny awaits in 20 days.

Pretty sure that's full Homo.
Share 49ersWebzone