There are 286 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
19 days until Fields!

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We're not talking Texas Tech, we're talking Ohio State with more 5 star recruits than anyone but Bama. I checked the list over the last 30 years and if you can name me a top flight QB in the pros that attended Ohio State I say hats off to you.

They haven't been recruiting 5* QBs though. Their guys at that position have been 3-4* guys. They have never had a QB anywhere near the player that Fields is. The only recruit even close out of HS was Pryor and he was more of an athlete than a passer. Was never considered a potential first round guy.

Their QB recruits have mostly been only slightly better than Texas Tech. It was seen as an undesirable place for QBs for a very long time. The whole ground and pound reputation has only very recently gone away.

This is evidenced by the fact that OSU has had 2 first round picks at the position in their entire history. One of those in 1982. The other was clearly over drafted. Snyder ignored his scouts and picked him early. Even Haskins was only a 4*. Troy Smith was a 4*. Cardale Jones was a 3*

Fields has been right on the heels of Lawrence since HS. In any other class he'd have been the clear #1 by a long stretch.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Pretty sure that's full Homo.

I don't care what it is! If fields is the pick we have to do what we have to do!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hand to not like the kid.

yup

The more i learn about this kid, the more I think he had to be the pick. I would honestly be a bit disappointed if the Jets grab him.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/justin-fields-progressions-first-read-analysis
19 days until Fields!

Originally posted by Ripamaru:
We're not talking Texas Tech, we're talking Ohio State with more 5 star recruits than anyone but Bama. I checked the list over the last 30 years and if you can name me a top flight QB in the pros that attended Ohio State I say hats off to you.

They haven't been recruiting 5* QBs though. Their guys at that position have been 3-4* guys. They have never had a QB anywhere near the player that Fields is. The only recruit even close out of HS was Pryor and he was more of an athlete than a passer. Was never considered a potential first round guy.

Their QB recruits have mostly been only slightly better than Texas Tech. It was seen as an undesirable place for QBs for a very long time. The whole ground and pound reputation has only very recently gone away.

This is evidenced by the fact that OSU has had 2 first round picks at the position in their entire history. One of those in 1982. The other was clearly over drafted. Snyder ignored his scouts and picked him early. Even Haskins was only a 4*. Troy Smith was a 4*. Cardale Jones was a 3*

Fields has been right on the heels of Lawrence since HS. In any other class he'd have been the clear #1 by a long stretch.

People keep saying this lmao but he's not even the QB2 in this class. Generational talent Z Wilson passed him
[ Edited by Sunshine on Apr 10, 2021 at 8:39 AM ]

I'll post it here also. This dudes a 49er fan but also one of id not the best YouTube football guy.
Originally posted by Sunshine:

People keep saying this lmao but he's not even the QB2 in this class. Generational talent Z Wilson passed him

Maybe we will see how Zach Wilson plays with more competition. He's got incredible arm talent but so did Jameis Winston and he let his over confidence in his arm talent destroy him.

Maybe we will see how Zach Wilson plays with more competition. He's got incredible arm talent but so did Jameis Winston and he let his over confidence in his arm talent destroy him.

His play from here on out doesn't affect Sunshine's point. He wouldn't be the clear cut first pick even if Lawrence was in a different class. So the generational thing is simply not true.

Originally posted by ninerFate:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/justin-fields-progressions-first-read-analysis

Fields can improve his reads with coaching. Mac Jones will never be the size of Cam Newton with 4.4 speed and a rocket arm.

Wilson has one year of being good, and has had injury issues. Just because his hype passed Fields' hype doesn't mean hes the better prospect. There are many scouts that still have Fields over Wilson.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Wilson has one year of being good, and has had injury issues. Just because his hype passed Fields' hype doesn't mean hes the better prospect. There are many scouts that still have Fields over Wilson.

I don't disagree with anything you just said. Fields is not a clear #1 in any other class lol he's not even the clear #3 in this one.
I'm not talking about better prospect, my whole thread is about no Ohio State QB making it in the Pros. Top facility, top completion, unlimited top prospects and no standout QB. Is this just chance or do you want to buck the stats and take an OSU QB. The last 5 QB prospects from OU had it all but none made it. I'm just going with the odds. If Coach likes Lance go for it, he can sit for a year with no pressure and learn the game. My feeling is that the Niners have their guy at 3 and that won't change, Mac Jones.
I'm not talking about better prospect, my whole thread is about no Ohio State QB making it in the Pros. Top facility, top completion, unlimited top prospects and no standout QB. Is this just chance or do you want to buck the stats and take an OSU QB. The last 5 QB prospects from OU had it all but none made it. I'm just going with the odds. If Coach likes Lance go for it, he can sit for a year with no pressure and learn the game. My feeling is that the Niners have their guy at 3 and that won't change, Mac Jones.

This is the dumbest argument to not take Fields. If he stayed at Georgia you'd be okay with it cause they had Stafford? If Joe Burrow stayed at Ohio State you'd be okay with Fields cause Burrow looks good.
Share 49ersWebzone