There are 594 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

^ more info can be found in the underlying article. It was linked a few pages back by NY.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Get off my lawn!

Nah, the crusties still loved Steve Young (took 'em a while though). They'll come around.

And young has been a comp of mine for Fields 😉

it's weird those crusties seem to have no issues with Wilson or Lawrence, those two guys run around/play out of the pocket more than fields...buy for whatever reason no problem with them 🤨

I'd be totally cool with that. I think Fields is further ahead in terms of wanting to stay in the pocket so he wouldn't have to be broken down as much as Young did. Then again, back then you had 3-a-days and full off seasons and Joe Montana and Bill Walsh and Mike Shanahan to drill him into full submission. And it still took him years and years (not comping Fields on this, just adding context for Young).
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think you're confused. Nobody is going to cry over Fields getting drafted. 90% of the Madden fanbase will be on suicide watch if Mac is taken.

I don't play Madden. I may not be on suicide watch but I will need intensive therapy if Mac Jones is our pick at #3.

Haha. I'd totally understand.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
18 days until the Mac Jones people are crying cause we drafted Justin Fields
Originally posted by NCommand: I think you're confused. Nobody is going to cry over Fields getting drafted. 90% of the Madden fanbase will be on suicide watch if Mac is taken.

Why would we cry? Most of the Jones supporters in here are 49ers fans first and won't dog another prospect if our preferred guy isn't the one selected. It's you guys that don't like Jones that show your childish hatred in every thread that his name gets brought up.

If it's Fields, Lance, or by some miracle Wilson, most of the people in the Jones camp will just move on and cheer for our new QB. You don't see any of us bombarding threads with calling for firings if Jones is the pick or silly name calling/toxic garbage for a guy that might be leading this franchise soon.

Throwing expressions like "childish hatred" at other posters, whether an individual, a group or the rest of the zone, is neither "being respectful" nor "contributing to an engaging conversation". So

How is any of this engaging conversation though? I literally have to try my best to stay away from the Mac Jones thread because of how toxic it gets when posters start with the name calling on a player that I like, who has a high chance of being our future QB. I see Phoenix try and step in every once in a while, but the others don't seem to care much about the rules inside that thread. I apologize for using "childish hatred" but I don't know what else to call it when posters are repeatedly calling him Fatty McCorkle and other silly terms like we're in grade school or something.

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Ryan Day and his relationship with KS is all you need to know why we used so much draft capital to move up and draft Justin Fields

And SF hasn't drafted a single Bama guy since they got bad info from Nick (who they didn't even speak too at Jones' pro day) regarding Foster.

Funny,....I didn't even piece 1 and 1 together regarding Sabag's comments on that.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I should say - a coach is the worst person to ask, sometimes. I'm sure there are coaches who are up front about their players.

It's part of the reason we drafted guys from Muschamp. Lynch talked about it

And Aiyuk for that matter

Inbox me your address so I can get your official draft day cap overnighted to you :

Originally posted by evil:
Inbox me your address so I can get your official draft day cap overnighted to you :

This actually will be his official work hat after 3 years in the league.

Originally posted by evil:

McCorkle gonna be working for Ford in a couple yrs lol 😝
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I obviously missed it in the article. But it's amazing to me this is not being blown up. It makes me ask why is it not being blown up? And I'm not talking about Justin fields blowing it up or Ohio State blowing it up. Why is the media not blowing it up

Same reason why it's never been blown up in the past. I've been following the draft for a long time. This is just the second time I've heard about this test. Never heard about it with Mahomes or Allen either.

So you don't think it should be known that Fields might have a photographic memory? Or the possibility that he can learn quicker than everybody else?

I'm just now hearing about this test. Highest score out of 6500,...wow.

Anyone have some BigMac scores of any kind with (supposedly) no Wonderlic this year?
https://sportsnaut.com/why-justin-fields-historic-test-score-is-a-big-deal/

I'm all in on this kid.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I obviously missed it in the article. But it's amazing to me this is not being blown up. It makes me ask why is it not being blown up? And I'm not talking about Justin fields blowing it up or Ohio State blowing it up. Why is the media not blowing it up

Same reason why it's never been blown up in the past. I've been following the draft for a long time. This is just the second time I've heard about this test. Never heard about it with Mahomes or Allen either.

So you don't think it should be known that Fields might have a photographic memory? Or the possibility that he can learn quicker than everybody else?

I'm just now hearing about this test. Highest score out of 6500,...wow.

Anyone have some BigMac scores of any kind with (supposedly) no Wonderlic this year?

Yeah he's a tweet talking about it

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by genus49:
Just a reminder for people since I still see people making claims that Mac Jones is much better going through his reads than Fields

Thank you for this

Can we bump this to every page?

Is it possible to add actual number of snaps? It could be that mac Jones had like 8 off schedule plays all season and likes to throw it away.

Here's the link to the article.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/justin-fields-progressions-first-read-analysis

it's pretty unbiased. It makes good points but isn't a Fields hype piece. Covers up for Jones' chart being so unflattering.

But basically kill the stupid narrative that Fields can't go through his reads or is bad at doing it.
Share 49ersWebzone