49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 341 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Hi MD! Great to hear from you, hope life has been slowing down a bit for you and see a top 100 or more ranking for the draft! Always use it on draft day
MD proving once again he is the man!
I can just hear Kyle on draft Day "I saw this kid in 2017 and said, if I'm anywhere near getting this kid I'm going to make it happen. I didn't expect to be in a position to, but here we are. I'm pumped"
Thanks much for your QB briefing MD, to many of us Justin Fields would be best draft choice by our FO. We will see soon.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I can just hear Kyle on draft Day "I saw this kid in 2017 and said, if I'm anywhere near getting this kid I'm going to make it happen. I didn't expect to be in a position to, but here we are. I'm pumped"

Finally, the real reason why he passed on Mahomes and Watson.
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
all 3 of them?

I think the majority of Team Mac Jones are only on his bandwagon because they are expecting him to be the pick and have convinced themselves it's not a bad pick. I don't think they will be upset if he is not drafted at #3.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
all 3 of them?

I think the majority of Team Mac Jones are only on his bandwagon because they are expecting him to be the pick and have convinced themselves it's not a bad pick. I don't think they will be upset if he is not drafted at #3.

That's like eating a frozen pizza instead of getting great Thai Food with your GF because you already took it out of the freezer.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I never believed that Mac was a guy we HAD to move up to 3 for THIS FAR out from draft day. I always believed Mac could have been had with a draft day trade up not one 1 month out!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hello, Zone! Been forever.

Had a few minutes to drop in and say hi! Hope all of you are well.

I think the Niners are all-in on Fields. I would be shocked if he is not the selection at 3. Once the Jets seem to lock into Wilson (wouldn't be surprised if Saleh directly related that info to Kyle), the Niners made that move to number 3, and that wouldn't make sense for them to make the selection with Jones. It is such of a massive move for a guy with limited upside. Spectacular moves like this usually point to special talents with gigantic ceilings. My guess is that Kyle has been watching Fields for years waiting for the shot to grab him.

I have been been watching QBs, and this is my ranking:
1. Lawrence- The safest, cleanest prospect. Does NOT have have the highest potential ceiling, but he is good at everything.
2. Fields- There are some things to clean up, but he is a terrific talent with unlimited potential.
3. Wilson- He is spectacular when the pocket is clean. He has special talent. But, he faced so little pressure this year (almost anyone could have posted remarkable numbers with the pass protection we saw at BYU this year) that he is an incomplete prospect to me. The times he faced pressure, he struggled. The guys ranked above him on my board have faced pressure before, and we know what they can do. Wilson is a tremendous talent. I just don't know how he will fare when he has consistent NFL pressure in his face.
4. Lance- Raw as sushi. He needs so much work to do to become an NFL QB. At times, it was painful to watch him. He is so crazy athletic, and moves so well. He is going to run for a million yards. But, his throwing motion needs a ton of work. In fact, it needs a complete overhaul. Accuracy a major issue. I hear he is super intelligent and a hard-worker, but this guy is not going to start a game for 2 years. I'd be shocked if he is the pick at 3. Thinking he might be the pick at 4, where he can be stashed for 2 years under Ryan.
5. Jones- Alabama's play-calling and scheme simply overwhelmed college defenses, and having 6 or more NFL first and second day picks on offense this year made life very easy for him. I just don't see the enormous potential of the first four guys. I think his athleticism is a bit too criticized. He is NOT a statue as some suggest. But, just limited in arm strength, and dynamic play compared to the top four guys limit his ability to be a superstar player in the NFL.

And he has spoken

Thanks, Mad.

Please be right please be right please be right please be right

These 49er uniform swap photoshops are getting out of hand. This s**t looks too damn real. Maybe this is a deep fake...or maybe time travelers are posting photos from the future.

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 11, 2021 at 5:42 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:

These 49er uniform swap photoshops are getting out of hand. This s**t looks too damn real. Maybe this is a deep fake...or maybe time travelers are posting photos from the future.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

You guys see what mertonschickendance said some pages ago? He said that he tweeted QB Collective if Kyle likes Fields enough to draft him at 3? They liked his tweet and then deleted it, FWIW
Originally posted by 49ers808:
You guys see what mertonschickendance said some pages ago? He said that he tweeted QB Collective if Kyle likes Fields enough to draft him at 3? They liked his tweet and then deleted it, FWIW

To be fair they have no idea who we're taking either lol.
Share 49ersWebzone