There are 257 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by NCommand:
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

Because 31 of the teams already saw him...this is basically a private workout and Breer's talked about it on DP show this AM
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

RuNs ToO FaSt
Originally posted by genus49:
Agreed. If you look at things logically and follow what Kyle has said recently and done in the past with the results that he received...it points to a guy like Fields.

Major trade up a month prior to the draft with 99% of people thinking top 2 picks are Lawrence/Wilson, and same 99% thinking Mac Jones is QB5
Kyle talking most recently about changing how he views QBs and looks for guys with elite traits, better than 98% of the people out there
Kyle overlooking guys like Mahomes/Watson because of Kirk Cousins then getting Jimmy
Us being interested in Watson, even us kicking the tires on Stafford and Darnold.

You cannot convince me that Kyle's ultimate trade up QB is Mac Jones. Nothing against Mac, I would've been thrilled to have him at 12 but you make that move and you have prospects like Fields and even Lance which you can select and you have to do that. You don't make a move like that for a guy 99% of the people have rated below those guys. I don't care if you think you're smarter than the average HC...we're not talking drafting CJ Beathard in the bottom 3rd round. We're not talking Pettis or Aiyuk.

We're talking jump from 12 to 3 and giving away 2 future first rounders. That's major moves. You cannot be egotistical enough to think you found the code to the next Tom Brady. Cuz to me even a young, cheap Kirk Cousins isn't worth that type of jump.

Guess we'll see what happens soon enough.

I agree with your rationale and think the move up is to take Fields. I just think the hype on Fields is over the top. He struggles a bit when pressured. This aspect of his game to me seems ordinary, not elite. The physical tools seem elite. Kyle will need to revamp his playbook to keep Fields mostly clean for this to succeed IMO. Under pressure he hesitates and holds it, and sometimes just chucks it up like Jimmy. I don't think they gave up all the capital for Mac, though I won't be surprised if Mac is a better pro.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I agree with your rationale and think the move up is to take Fields. I just think the hype on Fields is over the top. He struggles a bit when pressured. This aspect of his game to me seems ordinary, not elite. The physical tools seem elite. Kyle will need to revamp his playbook to keep Fields mostly clean for this to succeed IMO. Under pressure he hesitates and holds it, and sometimes just chucks it up like Jimmy. I don't think they gave up all the capital for Mac, though I won't be surprised if Mac is a better pro.

Guy, every QB needs to be kept clean. Look at mahomes in the sb. Fields is fine under pressure. Revamp playbook... f**king lol
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Guy, every QB needs to be kept clean. Look at mahomes in the sb. Fields is fine under pressure. Revamp playbook... f**king lol

People can be irrational. Hes a "PROSPECT"... hes not finished, but his skills, intelligence and resume make him an excellent "PROSPECT" and worthy of the hype.

also for more context Fields was pressured more than Jones with almost half the passing attempts.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 12, 2021 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

also for more context Fields was pressured more than Jones with almost half the passing attempts.

Damn. Trevor not even in the top 5?
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

Because 31 of the teams already saw him...this is basically a private workout and Breer's talked about it on DP show this AM

I'd also imagine this points to those teams knowing where Fields will likely go at #3 with only the Pats being the other team there.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

I'd also imagine this points to those teams knowing where Fields will likely go at #3 with only the Pats being the other team there.
Belichick is gonna go there so he can keep saying "yeah he's pro ready no need for him to sit a year" so we will trade Jimmy to him.
Originally posted by ninerFate:
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

It could mean a lot of things. Either teams think he's definitely going at #3 and thus don't want to bother or they think they've seen enough from the first pro day and game film and don't want to tip their hands that they're interested to reduce the chances of a team trading up ahead of them.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Of course he was because he holds on to the ball to long waiting to see guys open.
Originally posted by jcs:
Of course he was because he holds on to the ball to long waiting to see guys open.

Well maybe if his WRs were open as soon as the ball is snapped like Jones' they'd be closer in pressure rate.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
NoBOdy WAnTs HIm

The rest of the NFL is showing who the 49ers are taking

and we won't get to see Kyle smiling when Fields hits a deep post and doesn't overthrow his target

But nobody knows.

Those with common sense have known its Fields for a while

LOL. You guys are too much (entertainment).

This is interesting because I listened to Cossell and he said Wilson wasn't pressure very much this year.
Fields+ the yac bros+ kyles playcalling=🍆
Share 49ersWebzone