There are 333 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Damn...you're going for the throat with these. Keep them coming! This is beautiful.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/146105-pelissero-justin-fields-lance-feature-drills-throws-practices/

If they do this, they are both going to throw 5 picks each during pro day even without any defensive players on the field
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
yeah, but if you seriously considering drafting him/trading up for him - you want to see as much as you can.

Or you don't want people to know you like a prospect that much, same as when Kyle wouldn't go to the pro days prior to the move up....not every team has the 3rd overall pick.

This is essentially a private work out for the 49ers.

If I have to guess - just like all the media ppl have been guessing - this is a workout requested by 49ers and Patriots are only there to talk Jimmy G.
I can understand the love for Fields over Jones because Fields would bring that running element to Shanny's offense without any drop off from his pocket play. However, I cannot understand why people would consider Lance over Jones. Lance is a one read and take off running type of QB. At this point in his career, Lance would need to ride the bench for the next 2-3 years and learn how to read defenses and be comfortable sitting in the pocket and going through his progressions. You don't give up that much draft capital for a project like that.

I have spent the last few weeks watching game analysis and as much video as I can of the three qb's that could be drafted by us. Mac Jones plays with poise, climbs the pocket well, delivers the football on time and has great ball placement. Justin Fields is tough, sees the field well, climbs the pocket well, delivers the football on time, has great ball placement, a strong arm and has the legs to get him out of a broken play.

While I like both Justin Fields and Mac Jones, I see Justin Fields as the clear winner because he has everything Mac Jones has and more. That is not a knock on Mac Jones as he is the perfect prototypical pocket passer. However, today's NFL demands a little extra at the QB position and Justin Fields has all of the tools for success.
Kyle worked with him as a kid, loved him, and watched him grow into everything he thought he would be. It's that experience and growth that makes him confident giving up so much to go get him. He loves the player and just doesn't want anyone to say anything for fear of missing out on him.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Kyle worked with him as a kid, loved him, and watched him grow into everything he thought he would be. It's that experience and growth that makes him confident giving up so much to go get him. He loves the player and just doesn't want anyone to say anything for fear of missing out on him.

Sounds like a movie
You can't make an argument for Jones over Lance or Fields other then some blind trust in Shanahan. I think with Lance you hope to be able to develop him into a Justin Fields type... So it would be weird to pass on Fields for a guy who has to make a jump in play to get to Fields current level and then you want him to get better then that. I guess some think the learning curve might be easier for Lance since he ran a similar offense at NDS.
Was listening to a interview with Ryan Day on a podcast this morning and they asked about Justin Fields super serious attitude and Coach Day just said that's his personality is he's very serious. I think the Patriots are very serious about trying to trade up for Fields
Originally posted by 4ML:
yeah, but if you seriously considering drafting him/trading up for him - you want to see as much as you can.

Or you don't want people to know you like a prospect that much, same as when Kyle wouldn't go to the pro days prior to the move up....not every team has the 3rd overall pick.

If I have to guess - just like all the media ppl have been guessing - this is a workout requested by 49ers and Patriots are only there to talk Jimmy G.

Originally posted by jb49ers80:

Sounds like a movie

What better advertisement for their QB camp than if one of their students gets drafted by them just 3-4 years after attending? If you go to the QB collective website, the first person you see is Justin Fields. If you go to the list of coaches that work with the program, it's all Shanahan tree coaches or former Shanahan QBs. The connection is bigger than people realize.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Apr 12, 2021 at 11:10 AM ]

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Was listening to a interview with Ryan Day on a podcast this morning and they asked about Justin Fields super serious attitude and Coach Day just said that's his personality is he's very serious. I think the Patriots are very serious about trying to trade up for Fields

I think so too. I think Fields goes #2, #3, or #4. I don't know who'll get him, but find it very unlikely for him to drop out of the top-5.

Damn...you're going for the throat with these. Keep them coming! This is beautiful.

Lol it's some really good info overall...just further points out how fields is just straight up better than Jones, like it's not even a debate.

Lol it's some really good info overall...just further points out how fields is just straight up better than Jones, like it's not even a debate.

It looks like Fields is the best QB in the draft from those charts not gonna lie.

Hmm...it won't be televised? Wow...seems like Niners don't want to give slightest of hints on which QB they're drafting. So much for - no reason for smokescreen.
Share 49ersWebzone