There are 189 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I don't know if any gonna drop that far down. We have ATL sitting at 4, Philly at 6, Panthers at 8, Giants at 11, and Cowboys at 10 who if they don't get a deal done with Dak, they are going QB.

The only way we got one of those guys, is trading with the Lions so we get to pick ahead of the Panthers. And that's also if the Panthers don't do the same thing...

Otherwise, we have to hope that one or two of those teams like Mac or Trask over Fields and Lance

They're gonna have to move up for any of the top 4 guys imo....people keep throwing Philly out there as a QB spot but I see that as highly unlikely.

They're gonna have to cut half their damn team just to get under the cap. They're gonna NEED picks and cheap rookie contracts. Philly is gonna be a spot to trade up with. I'll bet money they end up with Foles as the competition with Hurts, possibly Brissett
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't know if any gonna drop that far down. We have ATL sitting at 4, Philly at 6, Panthers at 8, Giants at 11, and Cowboys at 10 who if they don't get a deal done with Dak, they are going QB.

The only way we got one of those guys, is trading with the Lions so we get to pick ahead of the Panthers. And that's also if the Panthers don't do the same thing...

Otherwise, we have to hope that one or two of those teams like Mac or Trask over Fields and Lance

They're gonna have to move up for any of the top 4 guys imo....people keep throwing Philly out there as a QB spot but I see that as highly unlikely.

They're gonna have to cut half their damn team just to get under the cap. They're gonna NEED picks and cheap rookie contracts. Philly is gonna be a spot to trade up with. I'll bet money they end up with Foles as the competition with Hurts, possibly Brissett

Ya out of all those teams, Philly is probably the safest bet not to take a QB, then followed by the Cowboys.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
that looks glorious.

Although I feel Wilson and Mac are the best fits for the Niners, I truly don't see Wilson getting past NYJ.

Fields on the other hand has been all over the board when looking into the top 15, similar to Trey Lance. One of TDN's mocks had Fields falling to us at #12. I honestly LOVE the fit of Fields and Shanahan. I don't think he has an easier transition into the pros with other teams in the top 15 other than SF and CAR.

If we take either Fields or Lance I predict we will be looking for a new head coach in 2023

Great post Jeff, showing that you can look past your love of one prospect, to give an objective opinion of another, unlike the post below yours.

The only team out of those I see picking a QB is the Panthers.

Our only other competition I see are the Football team and the Pats on a trade up, and obviously if the Texans trade Deshaun pre draft.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Our only other competition I see are the Football team and the Pats on a trade up, and obviously if the Texans trade Deshaun pre draft.

It would be really shocking if ATL doesn't take a QB. Ryan is basically done and he's got a huge contract. 2022 is their out with him. So they draft a QB this year, sit him, and let him take over the following year. It's a perfect scenario for ATL.
Great post Jeff, showing that you can look past your love of one prospect, to give an objective opinion of another, unlike the post below yours.

lol i'm a big fan of Mac (as most of you know). It doesn't mean that I don't like the other QBs. Always been a fan of Wilson's, have my questions about Lance, and Fields is someone I've been back and forth on throughout the season.

You see the potential and understand he's a project that could completely bust in the wrong situation. SF and CAR are his best situations, IMO.

It would be really shocking if ATL doesn't take a QB. Ryan is basically done and he's got a huge contract. 2022 is their out with him. So they draft a QB this year, sit him, and let him take over the following year. It's a perfect scenario for ATL.

Potentially as they have a new GM, but I think they'd like a trade back, get a future 1st and some extra picks to stock the roster with cheap talent.

Though I've just remembered that Fields is from Georgia.

Getting a guy you have to sit at #4 over all isn't a perfect scenario. They could wait the year on QB, take a guy who plays now and get their QB next year given the size of Ryan's contract. Just like people are saying we should do rather than trade up even with out ability to walk away from Jimmy. I am not saying they wont go that way but the idea that it is a certainty, I don't buy it. Panthers are the only one signaling really hard they want a change, the rest range from 50/50 odds to no chance they want a QB/ potential trade partner.
Ya out of all those teams, Philly is probably the safest bet not to take a QB, then followed by the Cowboys.

Move up to 6 of fields gets past ATL....kyle gets his dude and we can get the fields era rolling.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Getting a guy you have to sit at #4 over all isn't a perfect scenario. They could wait the year on QB, take a guy who plays now and get their QB next year given the size of Ryan's contract. Just like people are saying we should do rather than trade up even with out ability to walk away from Jimmy. I am not saying they wont go that way but the idea that it is a certainty, I don't buy it. Panthers are the only one signaling really hard they want a change, the rest range from 50/50 odds to no chance they want a QB/ potential trade partner.

No guarantee they will be in position to draft a QB next year. If a prospect they believe is a FQB is sitting there at 4, it would be crazy to pass that opportunity over.

Not saying they will draft a QB, but the idea should be fully explored. And they would be smart to not signal or tip their hand.

Yeah if we want Fields we need to strike a deal with the Bengals for #5 if Fields is still there. I still think he will go in top 4 though.

See I kinda disagree there...what's the point of paying Ryan, Julio and everyone else if you're not gonna help them out this yr? Might as well move them take the DM hit (get some sort of compensation) if you're not trying to actually win in 2021.

ATL is another trade down candidate imo, they need cheap young rookie talent with how their cap looks. Ryan wasn't the reason they sucked last yr. PFF ranked him as 12th overall and now he's in a system that's similar to what kyle ran in ATL.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Yeah if we want Fields we need to strike a deal with the Bengals for #5 if Fields is still there. I still think he will go in top 4 though.

The Bengals very rarely trade, and there's no chance if Sewell is on the board. I think the Falcons are our best bet, the market to trade down is smaller as they wouldn't do a trade that could get the Panthers a franchise QB.
Originally posted by evil:
No guarantee they will be in position to draft a QB next year. If a prospect they believe is a FQB is sitting there at 4, it would be crazy to pass that opportunity over.

Not saying they will draft a QB, but the idea should be fully explored. And they would be smart to not signal or tip their hand.

I get that but why give Ryan a big fat contract just 2 yrs ago if the plan was to move off him? Dude wasn't even close to the reason they lost games last yr... that defenses is hot trash. They have some massive cap issues and should be trying to move down if anything.

4 might be a spot to move up and I doubt they're trading with the Panthers.
The Bengals very rarely trade, and there's no chance if Sewell is on the board. I think the Falcons are our best bet, the market to trade down is smaller as they wouldn't do a trade that could get the Panthers a franchise QB.

Panthers could trade with Miami (unless Miami lands Watson).

I also don't see the Texans, if at the top drafting a QB. They need to rebuild and if they land a ton of picks will be in play for the top QB in 2022.
Share 49ersWebzone