There are 174 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by evil:
New GM and HC had nothing to do with previous contract for Ryan though. Fresh start in Atlanta, and they are a bit of a mystery right now as to what they may or may not do.

So? The previous HC/GM didn't draft Ryan either. Same with GB and Rogers. Same with a ton of GM/HC that get hired and have a FQB at the helm.

why is it that the QB is always the they need a "fresh start"? Lol. Ryan wasn't close to the problem in ATL....if anything they're worse moving off Ryan.

I will agree it's a mystery. I just don't see the point in paying all these dudes and not giving them actual help....imo it's like the Rogers Jordan love scenario.

Fresh start as in new regime not as in needing their QB. But they may want one.

Ryan wasn't the problem but he is going to be 36 years old. His contract has a potential out after this year, so they can let a rookie marinate for a full year and develop and then get out from under his contract.

Ryan wasn't the problem but he is going to be 36 years old. His contract has a potential out after this year, so they can let a rookie marinate for a full year and develop and then get out from under his contract.

I won't be shocked if they restructure Ryan's deal to save $15M this yr or give him a extension with voidable yrs, like I said he's not the problem there. I believe he has a $26M dead money hit in 2022.

I won't be shocked if they restructure Ryan's deal to save $15M this yr or give him a extension with voidable yrs, like I said he's not the problem there. I believe he has a $26M dead money hit in 2022.

It's certainly a possibility.

All day to throw. He won't have that with the 49ers

Are there people that think Fields really is just a one-read QB? I don't get how you could think that if you watch his tape. Dude consistently goes thru multiple reads. That's not one of his issues.

I like that he climbs the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. He always seems a bit late with his decisions, tho. Again, this may be the offense or it may be him. It's difficult to figure that one out.
Please God No to Fields
Originally posted by Heroism:
Are there people that think Fields really is just a one-read QB? I don't get how you could think that if you watch his tape. Dude consistently goes thru multiple reads. That's not one of his issues.

I like that he climbs the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. He always seems a bit late with his decisions, tho. Again, this may be the offense or it may be him. It's difficult to figure that one out.

There are some who imply that everyone not named Mac Jones is a one read QB. It went from "Mac Jones can succeed deapite his B level arm talent because he can read a defense and navigate the pocket" to "Mac Jones is the only one who can read a defense and navigate the pocket."
Some people feel that Fields regressed last year so it's important to try and find out why. Did they have less talent around him? Was there an assistant coaching change? Was he injured? Maybe it was the screwed up season that caused all those cancelled games. The starts and stops. Messed up practices. The Big !0 was a disaster last year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Some people feel that Fields regressed last year so it's important to try and find out why. Did they have less talent around him? Was there an assistant coaching change? Was he injured? Maybe it was the screwed up season that caused all those cancelled games. The starts and stops. Messed up practices. The Big !0 was a disaster last year.

Had to be the weird COVID season. Shortened season. A ton of covid positives. There was no continuity.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Please God No to Fields

But you rather have Mac Jones?
Originally posted by rathman4481:

You could literally say that for every single rookie QB when looking at their film. Go look at Jones
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by Heroism:

There are some who imply that everyone not named Mac Jones is a one read QB. It went from "Mac Jones can succeed deapite his B level arm talent because he can read a defense and navigate the pocket" to "Mac Jones is the only one who can read a defense and navigate the pocket."

This....go watch fields vs Clemson.

You could literally say that for every single rookie QB when looking at their film. Go look at Jones

That's why I said it. Remember mac only looks good because he has all day to throw and the best weapons.

it only applies to him
That's why I said it. Remember mac only looks good because he has all day to throw and the best weapons.

it only applies to him

Oh but Jones is the only one that goes through progressions...

but that only applies to him
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone