There are 180 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

I just dont see the Niners trading up to draft Fields or him dropping to 12. If they are drafting a QB in round 1 I really believe it will be Lance or Jones. Probably Jones
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just dont see the Niners trading up to draft Fields or him dropping to 12. If they are drafting a QB in round 1 I really believe it will be Lance or Jones. Probably Jones

If they love them some fields then they should move up, plain and simple. You don't settle at QB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If they love them some fields then they should move up, plain and simple. You don't settle at QB.
Just dont see it happening. And, for all we know they might prefer Jones anyway.
Just dont see it happening. And, for all we know they might prefer Jones anyway.

For sure, who knows. They probably end up going DL or some s**t

i will say I'll bet they don't have a higher grade on Jones.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 21, 2021 at 12:46 PM ]

For sure, who knows. They probably end up going DL or some s**t

i will say I'll bet they don't have a higher grade on Jones.
I dont think they will go DT unless they move down. I could easily see Pitts or Slater though. Lots of options for them at #12
I dont think they will go DT unless they move down. I could easily see Pitts or Slater though. Lots of options for them at #12

I include edge when I say DL.

I include edge when I say DL.
Just seems like an edge would be a reach at 12. It certainly is a need but getting Paye or Ojulari in the 20s and picking up a 2nd round pick would make so much more sense to me

I think they would settle at QB if they still really like Jones even if ranked behind Fields/Wilson and think he will be available at 12 without having to give up a ton of picks.

Question will be how close they have Fields/Wilson to Jones/Lance. If that gap isn't huge I think they won't trade up more than a few spots to land a QB whether that's Fields/Jones/Lance.

This draft is the most fascinating in recent memory imo
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I think they would settle at QB if they still really like Jones even if ranked behind Fields/Wilson and think he will be available at 12 without having to give up a ton of picks.

Question will be how close they have Fields/Wilson to Jones/Lance. If that gap isn't huge I think they won't trade up more than a few spots to land a QB whether that's Fields/Jones/Lance.

They could also think the upside or Jones vs Jimmy isn't great at all and not even take a QB...I think if they want a top QB they're gonna make a play at one of the top 4 and if that's not an option they will try to move down.

I do agree this is gonna be a wild off season

telling ya fields is getting the Hebert treatment this draft process.

They could also think the upside or Jones vs Jimmy isn't great at all and not even take a QB...I think if they want a top QB they're gonna make a play at one of the top 4 and if that's not an option they will try to move down.

I do agree this is gonna be a wild off season

But who is to say Jones isn't in their top 4....we have no idea. That is what makes this so interesting and unpredictable.
But who is to say Jones isn't in their top 4....we have no idea. That is what makes this so interesting and unpredictable.

Who's to say Mills isn't in their top 4 if we're gonna go there.

we will see
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 21, 2021 at 4:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone