There are 261 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
I still say all this Mac Jones and Trey Lance talk is major smoke screen. This is all for the fans so there is a big surprise and excitement on draft night. I believe the sources are throwing this out on purpose. Why would they put this out now?? Makes no sense. Unless it is Fields.

I have seen a huge number of posters claim that all this is media nonsense and a smoke screen....

But no one who has made that claim has been able to answer this question: What is the upside/point of creating this smokescreen?

My guess is so the Jets don't know which QB the Niners have their sights on. I really like Jones but I still think Fields is the 2nd best QB in this draft and who Shannahan and Lynch are really interested in.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Thursday prior to the draft there's going to be this weird calm. Before the storm.

#10 storm's coming.

can't wait

What in the hell did I just watch and hear?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Thursday prior to the draft there's going to be this weird calm. Before the storm.

#10 storm's coming.

can't wait

"Pay me more money. Hundred mil hundred mil." Boon Tis boon tis boon tis boon
can't wait

Bama fans saying video is 3 years old. Makes you wonder why it would pop up just a couple days before the draft.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

#10 storm's coming.

can't wait

Originally posted by Joecool:
Fields is the best QB prospect in this draft. Hands down!

I completely agree!!! It's just too bad he'll be there waiting for us pick him only for us to pass on him.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Fields is the best QB prospect in this draft. Hands down!

I completely agree!!! It's just too bad he'll be there waiting for us pick him only for us to pass on him.

He is a freaking faster and more polished version of Mahomes. Maybe slightly weaker arm...very slightly.
can't wait

Bama fans saying video is 3 years old. Makes you wonder why it would pop up just a couple days before the draft.

He already had the gut 3 years ago? I thought the gut was a newer thing because he was trying to bulk up?
[ Edited by LilLeeroy on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:07 PM ]
can't wait

Mac isn't happy about the rookie pay scale that's why.
It's interesting that the jags have "narrowed" down their search to Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields. They have the number one pick, why the smokescreen? Everyone knows it's gonna be Lawrence. so it makes absolutely sense for us to keep it a secret.

Originally posted by LilLeeroy:
can't wait

He already had the gut 3 years ago? I thought the gut was a newer thing because he was trying to bulk up?

That's a gut?
More Mac hate in the Fields thread lol.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It's interesting that the jags have "narrowed" down their search to Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields. They have the number one pick, why the smokescreen? Everyone knows it's gonna be Lawrence. so it makes absolutely sense for us to keep it a secret.

This. If word gets out that Kyle loves Fields, then JAX or NYJ may contemplate on Fields and there could be a small chance Kyle loses him. But all the hype is about Jones, a QB neither JAX or NYJ has on their board.

This smokescreen is to keep the two in front of us from picking Fields. That's why Lance is in the mix as a diversion.

Fields is the only QB that isn't getting propped up. We like Lance and we like Jones. Wonder why Fields isn't being propped up.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:10 PM ]
can't wait

The only reason I'd believe it's 3 years old is the belly growth LOL
Originally posted by rathman4481:
More Mac hate in the Fields thread lol.

Not much else we can praise Field on.
Share 49ersWebzone