There are 252 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Is it all just smoke...has it been Fields all along? Really starting to wonder. Thursday can't get here quick enough.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Not much else we can praise Field on.

I want Fields but heaven forbid anyone says anything critical of Fields
Originally posted by rathman4481:

He needs to be a little more flat-footed in the pocket and needs to shorten (barley) his load.

Look at the Jimmy G thread. For the longest time any critique of him was defended with vitriol. We defend out QB on the webzone
Justin Fields is no Vick. Vick was 6' and at least 20 pounds lighter with a smaller frame. He wasn't able to sustain NFL hits well.

Fields is a solid 6'3" almost 230.
Look at the Jimmy G thread. For the longest time any critique of him was defended with vitriol. We defend out QB on the webzone

Fields has been the guy since day 1

The Jimmy G thread is more sensitive than my ex girlfriend.

Fields has been the guy since day 1

Yup. He's the only one not getting talked about yet he has had a better college career than Lawrence, minus a championship.

Played against the toughest defenses also.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:19 PM ]

Originally posted by Joecool:
Justin Fields is no Vick. Vick was 6' and at least 20 pounds lighter with a smaller frame. He wasn't able to sustain NFL hits well.

I wouldn't equate size to being able to sustain NFL hits well. Jimmy is the exact same size as Fields and never had any durability issues in college.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:20 PM ]
I need to ask again, what red flags does fields have? The epilepsy is something that he is expected to grow out of. I don't hate mac as much as the general niner fanbase does but he has more red flags than Fields has, but his hasn't been talked about nearly enough in the national media.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I wouldn't equate size to being able to sustain NFL hits well. Jimmy is the exact same size as Fields and never had any durability issues in college.

High ankle sprain doesn't equal taking hits. Jimmy has taken some solid shots and gotten right back up. Vick was always getting nicked up.

But that's not my point. My point is that Vick was a much smaller size. Fields is 20+ pounds heavier and taller and is only 0.05 slower than Vick.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I need to ask again, what red flags does fields have? The epilepsy is something that he is expected to grow out of. I don't hate mac as much as the general niner fanbase does but he has more red flags than Fields has, but his hasn't been talked about nearly enough in the national media.

1. Not a compact thrower.
  2. Bounces in the pocket (this isn't good as it delays the release because it requires a dip back down to set feet)
  3. Offense that required looking to the sidelines for plays.

These aren't small things, but they are ALL coachable. Do your job, Kyle!!!
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:

If people want to avoid that elephant in the room that is epilepsy, that's on them. But I think that's going to be a massive red flag for a lot of teams. Justin Fields is 22 years old. It's not like he's an infant hoping to grow out of it soon. My cousin's epilepsy got worse into his 20's, not better.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 27, 2021 at 1:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone