There are 179 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It's interesting that the jags have "narrowed" down their search to Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields. They have the number one pick, why the smokescreen? Everyone knows it's gonna be Lawrence. so it makes absolutely sense for us to keep it a secret.

This. If word gets out that Kyle loves Fields, then JAX or NYJ may contemplate on Fields and there could be a small chance Kyle loses him. But all the hype is about Jones, a QB neither JAX or NYJ has on their board.

This smokescreen is to keep the two in front of us from picking Fields. That's why Lance is in the mix as a diversion.

Fields is the only QB that isn't getting propped up. We like Lance and we like Jones. Wonder why Fields isn't being propped up.

Its a paradox argument to me. We don't trust Kyle to make the right decision, but we believe another front office would hinge theirs on his lol I don't think there's much to it other than what we hear. Too much noise about Jones not be Jones imo, but they are tight lip so who knows.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I need to ask again, what red flags does fields have? The epilepsy is something that he is expected to grow out of. I don't hate mac as much as the general niner fanbase does but he has more red flags than Fields has, but his hasn't been talked about nearly enough in the national media.

If people want to avoid that elephant in the room that is epilepsy, that's on them. But I think that's going to be a massive red flag for a lot of teams. Justin Fields is 22 years old. It's not like he's an infant hoping to grow out of it soon. My cousin's epilepsy got worse into his 20's, not better.

But its reported his family history shows they grow out of it in their 20's?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

That's what has been reported but none of us are actually privy to the medical data. All I know is if the 49ers pass on him and he has steady drop, I'd put my money on medicals being the issue.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

That's what has been reported but none of us are actually privy to the medical data. All I know is if the 49ers pass on him and he has steady drop, I'd put my money on medicals being the issue.

Agreed, but for me its not an issue based on what we know. He's taken plenty of hits.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
This. If word gets out that Kyle loves Fields, then JAX or NYJ may contemplate on Fields and there could be a small chance Kyle loses him. But all the hype is about Jones, a QB neither JAX or NYJ has on their board.

This smokescreen is to keep the two in front of us from picking Fields. That's why Lance is in the mix as a diversion.

Fields is the only QB that isn't getting propped up. We like Lance and we like Jones. Wonder why Fields isn't being propped up.

That's nonsense. Jax and NYJ have known for about a month who they're going to draft. Kyle not tipping his hand has more to do with preventing the teams behind us from taking "our" guy. I also don't believe the garbage that they are legitimately torn between 2 players or that they didn't know who they were going to take when they made the trade.

They said initially there were 3 guys they had in mind, but didn't believe either would drop to 12. He said yesterday there are 5 guys they are comfortable with taking. Kyle Shanahan's draft board is probably not the same as Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, or Daniel Jeremiah's draft board. I would have to assume maybe, just maybe the 3 guys they liked were Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and the 49ers pick at 3, leaving players 4 and 5 to be the guys that have been tied to them throughout this process?

I could be wrong and it's going to be Mac Jones and the 49ers are just doing their due diligence on every QB available to them, and it was him the whole time. My gut tells me it's not Mac Jones.
Damn its getting spicy in the jones thread it's locked lmfao

Mods are sensitive today.
Lets bump the page count while the Jones thread is locked
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
A lot of players are going to go lower than they should because of medicals. This has been reported. The lack of information regarding the medicals and the timing of it all.

Originally posted by Rathof44:

They didn't have enough timeouts so they just stopped the game

in here while Money Mac Jones is locked

everyday

Its already reaching Alex Smith territory and he hasn't even been drafted yet lol
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

They didn't have enough timeouts so they just stopped the game

Taking their balls and going home.
Taking their balls and going home.

You're on two strikes already, you really want the third one that badly?
Share 49ersWebzone