Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
I'm not crying racism. But you can't tell me that prejudices and biases aren't playing a part in the evaluation of Fields, Lance, and Jones. We've seen this movie many times before.

But everything at this point is perception. Fields hasn't dropped at all. If he falls then I'm sure there are legit reasons why. Lance punches holes into the prejudices theory imo.

It's not just perception. There are actual statements being made by those in and connected to the league, which then permeate through respective fanbases, including ours. You have people in the Jones thread echoing that he's the smartest QB who ever lived and saying that Fields and Lance are slow to process. Which is just ridiculous and not backed up by the tape or advanced statistics.

The only legit knock on Feilds is he's slow off his first read. Folks try to play it off as his first read was always open, but the film don't lie.

Do you understand that the offense he was in at OSU is predicated on option routes? So he has HAS to stay on the primary read to allow the WR to make his choice on his route.

If their system requires staring down your first read (which it doesn't) then no wonder they always lose the big game. I got no dog in this race, I'm fine with whomever they take, including Fields. Making excuses for the guy doesn't change the fact that he is slow on his reads occasionally.

Clemson didn't think his reads were slow!

If we get Justin Fields vs Clemson we're getting the best QB in the draft by far. The dude was doing things I didn't see in any game previously. Moving and sliding in the pocket checking the ball down... it was awesome to see.

That's the last game he was healthy enough to practice and prepare for physically.🤷🏽‍♂️
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
can't wait

Bama fans saying video is 3 years old. Makes you wonder why it would pop up just a couple days before the draft.

If it was 3 years ago, and the 3rd string QB was talking about making 100 Mil, and he allowed himself to be recorded drinking underage, then add that to the list of red flags.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

No wonder Sherman wants us to draft this kid. At the 14:45 mark

When Lawrence goes to dab up Fields you can tell that competitiveness in Fields was just like "don't even touch me". I f**king love this kid
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

No wonder Sherman wants us to draft this kid. At the 14:45 mark

I trust Sherman's evaluation on QBs. Sherms became a HOFer by reading QBs and studying their tendencies. It sure as hell wasnt due to physical talent like Peterson. So, if he's talking QBs i would listen.

Sorry, I saw that the coaches we calling the plays! Not impressive!!!
Originally posted by Keepcool:
The denial on here that Fields won't be the pick is sad. Look I would love Lance or Fields to be the pick,but it's not happening. The sooner we accept that. They less we will be disappointed.

I sure hope whichever QB we draft, doesn't give up as easily and as early as you do!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
can't wait

Bama fans saying video is 3 years old. Makes you wonder why it would pop up just a couple days before the draft.

If it was 3 years ago, and the 3rd string QB was talking about making 100 Mil, and he allowed himself to be recorded drinking underage, then add that to the list of red flags.

Wait this is really Jones?

Yeah we never see Kyle run anything like this

Yet another example of the coaches calling plays from the sidelines. I sure wish this guy could process quicker!

Also, I sure wish Fields had some game film where he was under center and using play action, otherwise, he won't be able to learn how to do those things if the 9ers draft him!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
When Lawrence goes to dab up Fields you can tell that competitiveness in Fields was just like "don't even touch me". I f**king love this kid

I noticed that too. He was in competition mode
can't wait

Wait this is really Jones?

His PR staff haven't denied it. If Kyle really is considered my drafting him, hopefully this is his Tunsil moment that forces Kyle to have to pass on him.

I just rewatched it. I knew he won, but i didn't know he beat down Lawrence's team 35-6. Yikes.
People are so gullible. If this entire saga proves anything its that masses of audiences are easily manipulated like herded cattle by media propaganda. An unverified rumor comes out that is vaguely worded and droves of fans can't wait to take the bait and run with it. The pick is Fields, always has been probably and the rest of the differing reports on the issue are just a smokescreen to cover up this fact.

I just rewatched it. I knew he won, but i didn't know he beat down Lawrence's team 35-6. Yikes.
Nice vid

Was 100% Wilson, now 80/20 for fields
Originally posted by RasSuar:
People are so gullible. If this entire saga proves anything its that masses of audiences are easily manipulated like herded cattle by media propaganda. An unverified rumor comes out that is vaguely worded and droves of fans can't wait to take the bait and run with it. The pick is Fields, always has been probably and the rest of the differing reports on the issue are just a smokescreen to cover up this fact.

This post may or may not age well...
  • thl408
can't wait

Yeah why does it get posted now, 2 days from the draft? I think it's Mac's camp. He knows the 49er fans don't like him so he wants to slide so NE takes him. Hoodie gets Brady 2.0.
Share 49ersWebzone