There are 266 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
You all may not wanna believe it but race has always been a factor when it comes to black QBs. Dont kid yourself. I think we are just now recently starting to accept that black qbs can be as good and as intelligent as white qbs. Its no different than the rest of the country. Blacks have alot of obstacles in life in general that most dont have the stomach to admit. Turn a blind eye all you want but thats reality and most likely if your not black you wont ever get it. Am I accusing Shanahan of that NO..not at all but its a real thing. Hence why guys like Lamar Jackson get suggested to play wide receiver even after winning a heisman as a QB. 32 teams and only 10 starting qbs are black. And thats the most EVER at one time. Dont act like the race thing is something being made up. Fields in particular been viewed as an elite qb prospect his whole adult life and some of us have the audacity to think he somehow is not smart enough or have the processing ability to go thru more than one read. Gtfoh.

It's embarrassing. Here we are in the 21st century and these (dumb to begin with) archaic thought processes still exist. SMFH.

Maybe I end up being dead wrong on this, but I think Fields will end up being a better QB than Jones.

That could ultimately depend on where each is drafted. Whomever we draft will have it a lot better than the two guys that go before our pick. If Feilds goes to the Jets, the poor b*****d is going to have a rookie coach, a s**t offensive line, and a generally weaker roster around him. I'm hoping that the Jets take Wilson, but I could see them grabbing Fields. Whomever we draft is going to have an environment much more conducive to success than most #3 picks.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
You all may not wanna believe it but race has always been a factor when it comes to black QBs. Dont kid yourself. I think we are just now recently starting to accept that black qbs can be as good and as intelligent as white qbs. Its no different than the rest of the country. Blacks have alot of obstacles in life in general that most dont have the stomach to admit. Turn a blind eye all you want but thats reality and most likely if your not black you wont ever get it. Am I accusing Shanahan of that NO..not at all but its a real thing. Hence why guys like Lamar Jackson get suggested to play wide receiver even after winning a heisman as a QB. 32 teams and only 10 starting qbs are black. And thats the most EVER at one time. Dont act like the race thing is something being made up. Fields in particular been viewed as an elite qb prospect his whole adult life and some of us have the audacity to think he somehow is not smart enough or have the processing ability to go thru more than one read. Gtfoh.

It's embarrassing. Here we are in the 21st century and these (dumb to begin with) archaic thought processes still exist. SMFH.

Maybe I end up being dead wrong on this, but I think Fields will end up being a better QB than Jones.

That could ultimately depend on where each is drafted. Whomever we draft will have it a lot better than the two guys that go before our pick. If Feilds goes to the Jets, the poor b*****d is going to have a rookie coach, a s**t offensive line, and a generally weaker roster around him. I'm hoping that the Jets take Wilson, but I could see them grabbing Fields. Whomever we draft is going to have an environment much more conducive to success than most #3 picks.

It's true, but I think as long as they avoid Detroit, the top guys will do pretty well. I completely agree that our guy has the fast track.

Watson vs Mahomes would be a much closer discussion if they'd gone the other way around.
1 more day until we draft Justin Fields
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I can dig that.
"
"

Here's hoping....
[ Edited by Rodinxxv on Apr 28, 2021 at 5:49 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

I can dig that.

Originally posted by Rodinxxv:
"
"

Here's hoping....

Kyle said that in 2018. That's a super old video.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
"
"

Here's hoping....

Players like Fields are rare

"
"

Here's hoping....

I know its old, but Dilfer's tweet is from last night. Not saying he knows anything for a fact, but Dilfer knows the 49ers well and Justin Fields well. Like I said, Here's hoping..
[ Edited by Rodinxxv on Apr 28, 2021 at 6:12 AM ]

"
"

Here's hoping....

Players like Fields are rare

Yes they are...

"
"

Here's hoping....

I know its old, but Dilfer's tweet is from last night. Not saying he knows anything for a fact, but Dilfer knows the 49ers well and Justin Fields well. Like I said, Here's hoping..

Trent was on Breer's pod cast like a week ago, he said he's very close with John/Kyle and while they haven't said anything he thinks it will be Fields just based on what he thinks they're looking for. The MASS media disagrees that's for sure
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Trent was on Breer's pod cast like a week ago, he said he's very close with John/Kyle and while they haven't said anything he thinks it will be Fields just based on what he thinks they're looking for. The MASS media disagrees that's for sure

Cris Collinsworth said the same thing, and a lot of former players and coaches and executives (the NFLN guys) are saying they would and the team should pick Fields.
Originally posted by cortana49:

Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cris Collinsworth said the same thing, and a lot of former players and coaches and executives (the NFLN guys) are saying they would and the team should pick Fields.

I hope this is true. Cmon Niners take this kid if the Jets pass on him.
Share 49ersWebzone