There are 241 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The way he plays, he will get injured often.

Yep. Just like Russell Wilson, he'll never be able to stay on the field.

You can't compare. Russell Wilson is elusive as can be. Fields isn't like that.

You don't need to be elusive. You just need to learn to slide. Most QB injuries occur from being hit in the pocket. Scrambles and designed runs both have a lower injury rate in the NFL than being hit or sacked in the pocket.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by FL9er:
The 49ers might not draft Mac Jones tomorrow, but that doesn't mean it'll be Justin. You Fielders are just setting yourself up to be disappointed if it's not him.

What is this middle school?

People have their preferences. I'm sure most would even support Jones if he's the pick. The preference is clearly Fields or Lance for majority of the people.

They are the sexier picks. Bigger muscles, faster, cool sounding names, not like McCorkle - everything you want in a Superbowl franchise QB.
You don't need to be elusive. You just need to learn to slide. Most QB injuries occur from being hit in the pocket. Scrambles and designed runs both have a lower injury rate in the NFL than being hit or sacked in the pocket.

Fields isn't elusive lol yeah okay
Kyle: "Fields is our guy."
Jets: "There it is!!! Wilson out, Fields in!!
Kyle: [drafts Wilson] "He was our guy all along."
Jets: "f**k!"
They are the sexier picks. Bigger muscles, faster, cool sounding names, not like McCorkle - everything you want in a Superbowl franchise QB.

No not everything you want actually...if that was the case he would be going 1st or 2nd, there's plenty of issues with him.
Originally posted by genus49:
The 49ers might not draft Mac Jones tomorrow, but that doesn't mean it'll be Justin. You Fielders are just setting yourself up to be disappointed if it's not him.

What is this middle school?

People have their preferences. I'm sure most would even support Jones if he's the pick. The preference is clearly Fields or Lance for majority of the people.

The bold is true but they are also nearly as polished than most QBs coming out of a draft.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Starting to believe seriously that Kyle is trolling the hell outta the media with Jones so the Jets don't change their minds and take Fields. It's always been Fields from day 1, crazy how Fields now is an after thought in the media and can possibly free fall after getting picked apart. Add the fact Simms dropped him all the way to 32 lol talking s**t about him trying to help his guy Kyle out. We've been stressing for no reason especially myself thinking Jones is the guy

There maybe some truth to this. Most of the new Jets coaching staff still have friends in the 49ers building. That's maybe why they decided to keep it between 2 or 3 people. Maybe the Jets are not as settled on Wilson yet as the media portrays.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Apr 28, 2021 at 11:36 AM ]
Fields or Wilson. Depending on who the Jets take. I've been saying it for weeks. No way Fields is the 5th QB taken in this draft. He shouldn't fall past 3. If there was no Trevor Lawerence in this draft who would the Jags take? Fields or Wilson? Trey Lance isn't going #1. Mac Jones isn't going #1. It's between Fields and Wilson. Always has been

Edit: This is why Fields is talked about the least. The Niners don't want the Jets to think Fields could be their guy and not Wilson. So if they talk up Mac Jones and even Trey Lance ahead of Fields they can try and minimize the Jets thinking Fields is equal. In reality the Jets should be picking Fields and I don't think the Niners want that. Fields is their guy!
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Apr 28, 2021 at 11:43 AM ]
Please please please please be Fields.

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Please please please please be Fields.

Or Lance or Wilson! I'm completely on board with any of those three.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Trent was on Breer's pod cast like a week ago, he said he's very close with John/Kyle and while they haven't said anything he thinks it will be Fields just based on what he thinks they're looking for. The MASS media disagrees that's for sure

Cris Collinsworth said the same thing, and a lot of former players and coaches and executives (the NFLN guys) are saying they would and the team should pick Fields.

I hope this is true. Cmon Niners take this kid if the Jets pass on him.

Guys this has been obvious to you since this trade happened. The only reason any of you have doubt is because the rumor mill has been in hyperdrive since the trade we made

It's been obvious that there were three elite QB prospects this draft. When we parse Shanahans words we remember he said there were three and 2 got invited to the party

We know who the consensus top three were in Lawrence Wilson and Fields. We know there's no teams lining up to get to three for Mac. We know what we gave up to get there

We expect to get a superstar for the draft currency we blew three. We will. We are drafting one of Fields or Wilson
Originally posted by CJ75:
Still holding out hope Lynch's smirk when asked about fan anxiety about Mac Jones was him thinking to himself "We have these mfers right where we want em"

He had a big ass white teethed smile before the cameras flashed away from him
Why the hell does Trubisky keep getting mentioned by analysts when discussing the QBs in this draft. Trubisky isn't anywhere near as athletic as Fields and Jones and does not have the throwing abilities they do.

Fields isn't elusive lol yeah okay

To be clear, I do think Fields is elusive, but the poster I was responding to is probably right about him not being nearly as elusive as a young Russell Wilson.

There's just a misconception that is constantly brought up that QBs that extend plays with their legs the most get injured the most and the data doesn't back that up.
Share 49ersWebzone