There are 232 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
What is this middle school?

People have their preferences. I'm sure most would even support Jones if he's the pick. The preference is clearly Fields or Lance for majority of the people.

Calm down Geno. it wasn't meant to make fun of the Fields' fans.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm good with Lance/fields

Yeah, pretty much it seems like "As long as it's not Mac Jones!" fans will be pleased.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Here's a story for you mister negativity. Kellogg's had this pop tart flavor that both me and my girlfriend were huge fans of. Fruit Fusion pop tarts they were the best. Then on our trip to the grocery store we didn't see them. No biggie must have just been sold out. Next time still none. Over and over we were starting to lose hope. So I contacted Kellogg's and asked "where did these pastries go". We had our hopes up that there was just a shortage but after about a week Kellogg's replied and said they were discontinued. We got over it the next day

I didn't read this, but you are probably the person I enjoy coming here to read the most.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Guys this has been obvious to you since this trade happened. The only reason any of you have doubt is because the rumor mill has been in hyperdrive since the trade we made

It's been obvious that there were three elite QB prospects this draft. When we parse Shanahans words we remember he said there were three and 2 got invited to the party

We know who the consensus top three were in Lawrence Wilson and Fields. We know there's no teams lining up to get to three for Mac. We know what we gave up to get there

We expect to get a superstar for the draft currency we blew three. We will. We are drafting one of Fields or Wilson

The other thing is we know they had to get the Yorks to sign off on the trade. I just can't imagine that wasn't based on drafting the kid from Ohio state.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it wasn't Fields. And I say that as someone who would choose Lance.

I also don't understand is why people think they should say who it is, like we are picking first, not third. Wilson may not be the lock everyone thinks he is. One great year in a covid season, and rotator cuff surgery. Not sure I'd take him at 2.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
You don't need to be elusive. You just need to learn to slide. Most QB injuries occur from being hit in the pocket. Scrambles and designed runs both have a lower injury rate in the NFL than being hit or sacked in the pocket.

Fields isn't elusive lol yeah okay

To be clear, I do think Fields is elusive, but the poster I was responding to is probably right about him not being nearly as elusive as a young Russell Wilson.

There's just a misconception that is constantly brought up that QBs that extend plays with their legs the most get injured the most and the data doesn't back that up.

Is Mahomes as elusive as Wilson? Is Wilson as elusive as Murray?

Each guy is different in their own way. Fields has the skills to make plays with his legs and his arms and he can do both very well. As Kyle said when you have someone who can threaten teams running or passing it makes the offense that much harder to defend. Kyle forcing defenses to defend against 11 guys vs just 10 is a huge thing. I hope he realizes that and the selection reflects a player who can do just that.

I'm responding to you just cuz you were the most recent post I saw talking about it and I think your comments actually similar so don't take it the wrong way.

Kyle needs to understand the importance of this. Yes it is brave an heroic. But our team is an injured team. Doesn't matter who you are. You will get hurt. And if you don't get hurt(like Buckner) then you're f**kin outta here.

so the fact that Fields will be able to play through injuries, says a lot
Originally posted by genus49:
You don't need to be elusive. You just need to learn to slide. Most QB injuries occur from being hit in the pocket. Scrambles and designed runs both have a lower injury rate in the NFL than being hit or sacked in the pocket.

Fields isn't elusive lol yeah okay

To be clear, I do think Fields is elusive, but the poster I was responding to is probably right about him not being nearly as elusive as a young Russell Wilson.

There's just a misconception that is constantly brought up that QBs that extend plays with their legs the most get injured the most and the data doesn't back that up.

Is Mahomes as elusive as Wilson? Is Wilson as elusive as Murray?

Each guy is different in their own way. Fields has the skills to make plays with his legs and his arms and he can do both very well. As Kyle said when you have someone who can threaten teams running or passing it makes the offense that much harder to defend. Kyle forcing defenses to defend against 11 guys vs just 10 is a huge thing. I hope he realizes that and the selection reflects a player who can do just that.

I'm responding to you just cuz you were the most recent post I saw talking about it and I think your comments actually similar so don't take it the wrong way.

I have watched a ton of Fields and if you are going to compare him, NOT THAT I AM SAYING HE WILL BE AS GOOD. He is more akin to Mahommes. He plays within the offense way more than and is a lot less shifty than Wilson and Murray. He has great arm talent and he knows it, maybe even to a fault sometimes. He runs fast and well, but running isn't his primary thing, exhausting the play is. Wilson and Murray go sandlot ball fast...one or two reads and they dance, their recievers know it to, so they break off and improvise quickly. Mahommes and Fields buy time because they have deep ball threats whose routes aren't done when the rush gets there. Sure if you give them a clean look at the first down marker they are going to take it and more, but that isn't their go to.

Oh I know you think that...my response was to the other guy (for whatever reason it didn't quote it).

Dude moves around behind the LOS like Wilson and has his eyes downfield...he's plenty "elusive" kinda dumb if something thinks he's not.

So weird he get's labeled a scrambler BUT also get's labeled as not elusive...it's like people have narratives and just want to hate for no damn good reason. At least with one QB we all know what he blows at and that's been pretty consistent
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Kyle needs to understand the importance of this. Yes it is brave an heroic. But our team is an injured team. Doesn't matter who you are. You will get hurt. And if you don't get hurt(like Buckner) then you're f**kin outta here.

so the fact that Fields will be able to play through injuries, says a lot

Kyle talks about how he wants toughness....doesn't get any tougher then Fields in this class IMO. Kid will hang in the pocket and make a throw while getting nailed.

Honestly he fits everything that Kyle has been saying he wants for a while. End of the day just give me Lance or Fields and I will be super excited for the future of this team.
Kyle talks about how he wants toughness....doesn't get any tougher then Fields in this class IMO. Kid will hang in the pocket and make a throw while getting nailed.

Honestly he fits everything that Kyle has been saying he wants for a while. End of the day just give me Lance or Fields and I will be super excited for the future of this team.

Also he adds a whole other section of Kyles playback. We only see glimpses of it when CJ is on the field and he misses his guys. That's the vertical attack. And fields will hit those guys .
31 NFL teams when Kyle selects Justin Fields
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
31 NFL teams when Kyle selects Justin Fields

Listen, I clearly want Fields, but even I doubt it at this point. I am really hoping it isn't Jones but I really doubt they are going to make the right choice here and go with Fields.

We drafting Jones. The year of 2020 COVID means all they can base their evaluation is the film. Jones has the most polished film. That why Wilson going #2.

A lucky team will get Fields.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We drafting Jones. The year of 2020 COVID means all they can base their evaluation is the film. Jones has the most polished film. That why Wilson going #2.

Fields has two years of film.

So if we're going by just 2020 film Lance isn't getting drafted lol.

And by polished you mean having all day to throw the ball, wide open WRs, and a 3rd of his passing attempts were at or behind the LOS. You throw any of these 5 QBs in that system with that roster and they're winning a national title. NO doubt

He's right!
Originally posted by boast:

Fields has two years of film.

But nobody's looks as polished as Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone