There are 182 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

JTO loves Fields
  • zero
  • Veteran
Like I've said before, if we don't take him at 3, I hope Chicago or Washington trades up just so he can kick our asses everyone once in awhile for not selecting him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

When did reading defenses become a physical skill?
  • thl408
You can predict which player each team will pick on the NFL Draft tracker page. Fields isn't even an option for SF.
$#!+
https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks?pick=3&year=2021
Originally posted by thl408:
You can predict which player each team will pick on the NFL Draft tracker page. Fields isn't even an option for SF.
$#!+

Even they know it's Mac.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Even they know it's Mac.

Why do you want a player that needs everything perfect around him to be successful?

Why do you not want a player that can evaluate players around them & can cover up deficiencies in the roster when Injuries happen.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

Being able to see is technically a physical skill.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Apr 29, 2021 at 7:30 AM ]
$#!+

Pitts isn't even an option for ATL either which is where most mocks have him going haha that thing is dumb
  • thl408
Originally posted by diehardniners408:
$#!+

Pitts isn't even an option for ATL either which is where most mocks have him going haha that thing is dumb

Originally posted by Zealot:
Even they know it's Mac.

Why do you want a player that needs everything perfect around him to be successful?

Why do you not want a player that can evaluate players around them & can cover up deficiencies in the roster when Injuries happen.

I don't think he does need everything perfect to be successful.

I believe he will elevate our guys like Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle who can feed off his quick decision making and accuracy primarily in the short/intermediate range which is what I understand they were drafted to do. He'll get them the ball, then they go do what they do.

I believe this is what Kyle sees and wants in Mac. I might be wrong and he might draft someone else, but it's just how I see his thinking on this.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

Being able to see is technically a physical skill.

If seeing = reading we'd have a lot more literate 1 year olds..
Ugh my favorite day of the year as a sports fan...SF has turned it into a possible nightmare lol. Just draft Lance/fields

Yeah it's hard to get too excited knowing a player I could have only dreamed about a year ago being a Niner, Fields, quite possibly could get passed over by Kyle.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

I get what you're trying to say, but that is a bogus argument. Deshaun Watson sure elevated the Texans last year. I surely remember a lot of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons for Drew Brees when he didn't have a defense. Explain Matt Ryan throwing for 4500+ yards multiple times in the last 8 seasons and they didn't win anything. Matt Stafford with Detroit?
I hope whoever we draft succeeds and whoever we don't draft fails. I don't care who it is.
Share 49ersWebzone