There are 253 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm in the calm before the storm. Feet are kicked back and just counting down the hours til Justin Fields is announced as the 49ers draft pick.

Imagine man. Obviously we love him, but with this entire media circus around this pick and everyone knocking Fields for whatever reason that makes no sense to us, I would LOVE it even that much more.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Keepcool:
Can't wait to see where Fields ends up. My bet is with the Falcons.

You'd lose that bet

if the Falcons pass on Pitts, theyre idiots.

Maybe not if it is for Chase (and keeping Julio). Either or, that passing game could pose a serious problem to defend.

I apologize in advance...
Imagine if Fields was playing for NDSU. Would have thrown for 4000 yards, 50 TDs, 75% completions.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yassss
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Imagine if Fields was playing for NDSU. Would have thrown for 4000 yards, 50 TDs, 75% completions.

Fields is my QB2 but if Lance stayed in school I'd bet money he's the #1 pick in 2022. So who cares if we get that talent a yr earlier?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I think the Falcons are trading down.

The problem is we wrecked the draft for the 31 other teams. They want what we gave MIA for 3.
So Fields is good enough for Sean Payton but not Kyle Shanahan...

This is great. Needs to go viral.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Or maybe not?

Was watching the Lynch interview from the 49ers youtube. When asked how they evaluate QBs one of the top things he said was dealing with adversity.

That got me wondering if the Mac Jones "leak" if it is real. It could have been to see how Fields (to a lesser extant lance) would deal with the adversity of not being the guy at 3 and worse have a team jump to make sure he was not 3. Seeing him double down try harder and knock the 2nd pro day out of the park could be a great response to that.

I am on the Lance train but this makes a lot of sense and I would love to see Fields on the 49ers as well.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Fields is good enough for every single HC and team except Shanahan and the 49ers? Again if Fields is still on the board you pick over Trey Lance, Mac Jones, or any other. The drop off from Lawrence and Fields to Lance and Jones is bigger then some people on want to believe. Wilson is a wildcard to me because his ability to take hits from NFL defenders scares me. Trey Lance is just a small consolation prize at this point is Shanahan is dumb enough to pass on Justin Fields if he's there.
Originally posted by SisterFister:

This is great. Needs to go viral.

Lame
Okay fellas. It's time to go home. Nothing to see here. Let's not do anything stupid.
I'm still rolling with Fields tonight. Matter of fact I'm so dug in at this point that I will forever compare these QBs careers. I will be so mad if we skip this guy and he becomes a star.
Share 49ersWebzone