There are 135 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by jimrat:
I really hope Lance works out, man I had a huge man crush on this guy Fields 😬

Same. Lance certainly didn't hurt as much as Jones would've. I was just thrilled we picked Lance or Fields, but I preferred Fields.
Was team lance from the start check the threads but curious why did Shanahan pass on Fields?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Was team lance from the start check the threads but curious why did Shanahan pass on Fields?

Will never come out. But for multiple teams to pass was telling.

look where the #3 pick is officially listed
[ Edited by Ark49er on May 2, 2021 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Ark49er:

lol he was 19 years old. His overall completion % was still 67%. I think where Herbert and Tua are located on this list shows exactly how much it matters. Miami would kill for a Herbert/Tua swap.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 2, 2021 at 3:04 PM ]

Put Trey lance on that bama team and see

f**kin' YIKES
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

A high ranking scout from another team who weren't gonna draft a Qb but he said that Mac Jones was just a guy and Justin fields there's some issues with him not processing information fast enough and seeing the whole field and taking too many sacks and trey lance is gonna be perfect for Kyle shanahan because he is the total package and very smart and he is in charge of the protections at the line of scrimmage and he ran a pro style offense under center with play action and this kid is mature beyond his years with a chip on his shoulder to be great.
Originally posted by Scorgasms:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

A high ranking scout from another team who weren't gonna draft a Qb but he said that Mac Jones was just a guy and Justin fields there's some issues with him not processing information fast enough and seeing the whole field and taking too many sacks and trey lance is gonna be perfect for Kyle shanahan because he is the total package and very smart and he is in charge of the protections at the line of scrimmage and he ran a pro style offense under center with play action and this kid is mature beyond his years with a chip on his shoulder to be great.

I dont buy the processing stuff. Honestly. I believe a lot of it comes down to individual relationships... how well the staff gets along with these guys. Lance seems like a guy who opens up quickly, Justin is very introverted and doesnt say much. A few awkward conversations could have put them off.

Lol these stats are all so silly—they matter...until they don't. How do they calculate what constitutes an "accurate" throw?

At least he's not in our conference
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I dont buy the processing stuff. Honestly. I believe a lot of it comes down to individual relationships... how well the staff gets along with these guys. Lance seems like a guy who opens up quickly, Justin is very introverted and doesnt say much. A few awkward conversations could have put them off.

Lance seems like a guy Shanny could see himself working closely with the next 10 years plus. Fields seems more like a no nonsense type dude and not the most pleasant guy at times
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Lance seems like a guy Shanny could see himself working closely with the next 10 years plus. Fields seems more like a no nonsense type dude and not the most pleasant guy at times

I can agree with that.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Lance Mac fields Wilson Lawrence will all be compared throughout their individual careers. Let's hope we got the best of the bunch
[ Edited by 49ERnation on May 2, 2021 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Lance Mac fields Wilson Lawrence will all be compared throughout their individual careers. Let's hope we got the best of the bunch

Gonna need to be head and shoulders above Mac and Fields for what we have up.
Share 49ersWebzone