There are 142 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Lance seems like a guy Shanny could see himself working closely with the next 10 years plus. Fields seems more like a no nonsense type dude and not the most pleasant guy at times

Yea already crying that we "lied" to him isn't a good look.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Lance seems like a guy Shanny could see himself working closely with the next 10 years plus. Fields seems more like a no nonsense type dude and not the most pleasant guy at times

Yea already crying that we "lied" to him isn't a good look.
Oh yeah is that what fields said to the media? It's not like fields fell that far in the draft and the look on his face he seemed a little upset. I would trust Kyle shanahan and trey lance over Justin fields and Matt Nagy every time.

What a debbie downer

Originally posted by NCommand:
Baby.

he seems mentally weak, good luck to him
I'm not a college football fan, and I never looked too deeply into Fields because there was never ever any significant buzz around the Niners drafting him. I'm just curious, for people who wanted him on the team, why do you think he fell in the draft?

It seemed like he was consistently talked up as a top 5-10 prospect. Did the epilepsy report put that big of a damper on his stock? Film concerns? Interview stuff? I was shocked the Panthers and Broncos both passed him up.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Baby.

Did Rodgers seem mentally weak when he said the 49ers would pay for not drafting him?
Baby.

FYI she made that up.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Baby.

FYI she made that up.

lol i know
Originally posted by Jcool:
Baby.

FYI she made that up.

lol i know

If the report is true that it was Frank Gore who influenced the decision to Trey Lance, this franchise is in DEEP s**t

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
If the report is true that it was Frank Gore who influenced the decision to Trey Lance, this franchise is in DEEP s**t

you should probably reread that article.
So the bears who have never really had a good QB drafted a dude from Ohio st who have never had a good QB?
I get it this type of history has little to no bearing on the future
This will be a lot of fun to monitor though
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
I'm not a college football fan, and I never looked too deeply into Fields because there was never ever any significant buzz around the Niners drafting him. I'm just curious, for people who wanted him on the team, why do you think he fell in the draft?

It seemed like he was consistently talked up as a top 5-10 prospect. Did the epilepsy report put that big of a damper on his stock? Film concerns? Interview stuff? I was shocked the Panthers and Broncos both passed him up.

IMO Fields was still the #2 QB in this draft class and was over-analyzed similar to what happened to Deshaun Watson in 2017. I think he becomes a pretty good QB in this league.

The epilepsy thing is a concern but overblown as most doctors said that it may have already left Fields. Film is good, interviews sounded good, and the guy's work ethic is legit.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:

IMO Fields was still the #2 QB in this draft class and was over-analyzed similar to what happened to Deshaun Watson in 2017. I think he becomes a pretty good QB in this league.

The epilepsy thing is a concern but overblown as most doctors said that it may have already left Fields. Film is good, interviews sounded good, and the guy's work ethic is legit.

Agree. CHI got a good QB and will start him as soon as they get the chance. Fields will probably rush for 100 and throw for 300 yards while Trey will be sitting on the bench. CHI has a lot of offensive firepower.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Agree. CHI got a good QB and will start him as soon as they get the chance. Fields will probably rush for 100 and throw for 300 yards while Trey will be sitting on the bench. CHI has a lot of offensive firepower.

I dont think I'd sell Trey that short. From all accounts, it sounds like Kyle could be opening up that starting QB competition and Trey's already got some of the playbook to prep with Rich.
Share 49ersWebzone