There are 127 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

• napo
  • Veteran
He looked great against Cleveland, 14 for 16 with 3 TDs and no ints in the first half. The opener is getting more interesting.
Originally posted by napo:
He looked great against Cleveland, 14 for 16 with 3 TDs and no ints in the first half. The opener is getting more interesting.
Originally posted by LilLeeroy:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's probably right too. LOL. But you shouldn't say so.

Look at the name of that twitter post

Their initials are literally BS
he has been the worst of the 1st round QB's from last year but i do think a lot of that has to do with where he went. Fields was the qb i wanted most and i do feel if he was on the niners he would look much better/much different. Oh well
Originally posted by frenchmov:
he has been the worst of the 1st round QB's from last year but i do think a lot of that has to do with where he went. Fields was the qb i wanted most and i do feel if he was on the niners he would look much better/much different. Oh well

So glad we passed on him
This dude needed some development and unfortunately went to the wrong team. He's trending in the bust category now.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

It's pretty bad. He's struggling.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

So glad we passed on him

I do not think we passed on him because we thought Lance was more physically talented and gifted (I personally do though). I think we passed on him because of who he is as a person. You can see his poor demeanor on the sideline. You can see it in the huddle. I'm not 100% sure on this, but he seems like the kind of guy that is reactionary and places blame on his receivers or o-line when bad sh*t happens. I don't think he passed the "leadership" assessment Kyle, John and the rest of our staff did on him.

Originally posted by Silky:
I do not think we passed on him because we thought Lance was more physically talented and gifted (I personally do though). I think we passed on him because of who he is as a person. You can see his poor demeanor on the sideline. You can see it in the huddle. I'm not 100% sure on this, but he seems like the kind of guy that is reactionary and places blame on his receivers or o-line when bad sh*t happens. I don't think he passed the "leadership" assessment Kyle, John and the rest of our staff did on him.

I don't think it's fair to determine that so early in his career. I think he's obviously frustrated, let's see how he would handle it down the line if he has a team that has success but gets blown out in primetime. Cam is notorious for being a frowner when his team is down and doesn't uplift.

But Trey hasn't sulked at all since he's been here, not last year when all he did was sit and still shows up even when hurt. That characteristic and his abilities will take him a long way, I just hope there are no further injuries.
💩

the reason why i wasn't a fan is he tends to go for the big play instead of taking whats in front of him. I also felt like he predetermines where the ball is going and by that i mean he doesnt do a great job of reading the D post snap. I do think he is a smart guy and i dont feel like its fair to say he doesnt care
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I don't think it's fair to determine that so early in his career. I think he's obviously frustrated, let's see how he would handle it down the line if he has a team that has success but gets blown out in primetime. Cam is notorious for being a frowner when his team is down and doesn't uplift.

But Trey hasn't sulked at all since he's been here, not last year when all he did was sit and still shows up even when hurt. That characteristic and his abilities will take him a long way, I just hope there are no further injuries.

I think it was being a film junkie, absorbing info, takes care of the ball, and has that deep ball ability + the running. I'm happy with the decision and can't wait to see Trey in this offense over a full season. I'm thinking Steve Young 1992 - 1994 is the goal.
Share 49ersWebzone