49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 168 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

During the opening round of the three-day draft in Philadelphia, Kansas City swapped positions with the Buffalo Bills, moving from 27th to 10th. To persuade the Bills to make the deal, the Chiefs also gave up their pick in the third round (91st overall) and a 2018 first-rounder.

Lynch must pull his head out of his ass and be aggressive, move up and the guy you want.....

In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, he outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

"Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch."

"Someone will grab him in the first [round]. I doubt he gets to the second [round] because once the third quarterback goes, after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."
[ Edited by 801niner on Dec 23, 2020 at 3:43 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
That's not good, got another Johnny Manziel
Originally posted by 801niner:

In speaking to a director of college scouting from a NFC team that is in the market for a new quarterback, he outlined the makeup concerns with Wilson:

"Johnny Manziel comp without the [drugs]. [Wilson] is fun to watch, but is he a 1-year flash in the pan? He's a backyard baller who is fun to watch."

"Someone will grab him in the first [round]. I doubt he gets to the second [round] because once the third quarterback goes, after Lawrence and Fields, there will be a run on them. [Wilson] has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."

Interesting... when I watched the game against Coastal Carolina, to me his team mates weren't really standing up for him when he was getting gang banged. Wonder if it has to do with his attitude.
he looks like a member of cobra kai
Originally posted by jb49ers80:

The number one knock on him seems to be "well he can't do it under pressure. He always does it in a clean pocket."

I see plenty of plays here where he's under pressure...

This screams Washington/Chicago trying to bring down his draft stock to me.

To be taken with a grain of salt at this stage. Walter Football has yet to prove themselves as being a reliable source for such information.

Not saying it's a bunch fake news but I am skeptical given the source.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Kinda strange too that the character concerns take up the majority of the write up but the last paragraph completely contradicts that

Yeah that isn't actually a thing. Anytime someone says anything remotely negative about a prospect, you have people who claim its some team trying to "hurt their value", acting like every NFL team isn't already clued in well before this stuff goes public.

Originally posted by evil:

To be taken with a grain of salt at this stage. Walter Football has yet to prove themselves as being a reliable source for such information.

Not saying it's a bunch fake news but I am skeptical given the source.

When you're sources are Grant Cohn and Walterfootball

I don't see how suffering from being rich necessarily leads to affluenza, and if it does, perhaps his pursuit of "more" brought about by his disability has led him to MORE practice, MORE competitiveness, and MORE development/improvement?

Moreover, comparing him to Manziel is flawed on account of the fact that Manziel didn't do much by way of progression reading or pro throws in college. Nor did he demonstrate the same level of skill in the pocket or accuracy as far as I can tell watching old college video of him.
You can read this local report from last year about Wilson and his family that paints a positive, family oriented individual. Its not a bad thing to be surrounded by success. Without meeting him first hand its hard to speculate with Cohn and Walter football

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2019/8/25/20828350/how-those-closest-to-zach-wilson-ute-fans-to-the-core-played-a-hand-in-landing-him-at-byu
[ Edited by birdie2bogey on Dec 23, 2020 at 4:56 PM ]

HAHA Exactly!!!!

The Russians are now trying to collude to shift our NFL Draft
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jb49ers80:

The number one knock on him seems to be "well he can't do it under pressure. He always does it in a clean pocket."

I see plenty of plays here where he's under pressure...

80%+ of those plays were in a clean pocket. Almost absurdly so, he will not see that in the pros so will he be able to adjust? At this point it's an unknown and that opens the boom or bust door before he's even drafted.
[ Edited by jcs on Dec 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone