LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by genus49:
One thing I'd love to see from Wilson and I fully understand it's a ridiculous ask...is a lot more throws with a pass rush in his face.

Throw talent is clearly there but we've seen talent go out the window once guys get hit over and over...and if our OL isn't fixed by next year whoever we have behind Center will have to keep his cool under pressure.

I've only really watched the game against Boise but I did see him take a hit and still deliver the pass.

[ Edited by 801niner on Nov 8, 2020 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 801niner:

Did he b***hslap that dude?!
Go watch Burrow, Tua and Herbert and tell me we can´t do the same with Wilson next year.

Also Wilson would have many more good weapons with us and a way better offensive mind..
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Go watch Burrow, Tua and Herbert and tell me we can´t do the same with Wilson next year.

Also Wilson would have many more good weapons with us and a way better offensive mind..

LA is 2-5. Cincy is 2-5-1 and Miami is 4-3.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Did he b***hslap that dude?!

Originally posted by Jcool:

They're each having great individual success, Herbert and Burrow's teams just haven't put it all together yet. Although the Chargers just keep finding ways to lose. They should have 3 more W's. But, the Chargers look set for long term success with Herbert at QB, same with Miami and Tua. We need to get ourselves a FQB, come on down to the bay Zach Wilson.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Nov 8, 2020 at 9:01 PM ]

They all had Top 6 picks for a reason last year. A QB alone isn't going to fix your team in one season but they are all on the right path, looking like they potentially have the most important position in football locked in for the foreseeable future.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I know Pat Mahomes was used to describe Wilson's play style, but I also see a little Carson Wentz in him too.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I know Pat Mahomes was used to describe Wilson's play style, but I also see a little Carson Wentz in him too.

I see less douchy Baker Mayfield.

Originally posted by FL9er:

That's actually my comp as well so far for him.
I do think Wentz arm was a bit stronger.

I think the negatives havent been touched much here, just the highlights or positives.
So I'll start.

Mechanics seem all over the place. Now, Mahomes mechanics arent pretty either, but Mahomes has a stronger arm.
Decisions can be a bit shaky.
Hasn't shown elite NFL-level accuracy of ball placement on intermediate throws. Something that was Jimmy's bread and butter last year and in 2017
Arm-reliant a bit too much
Tries to do too much sometimes, again too arm-reliant.
Not much defense reading or progression
Not too much shown on throws when under duress, stepping up and taking a hit while throwing.

I do think that his stock is rising like crazy and I think we will have to trade up to get him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kind of short - only 6'1". Not that it really matters.

Where you getting that? I've seen 6-3 around 220lbs he's the same size as Joe Borrow

Yeah, your right, NY he is 6'3".
Originally posted by 801niner:

Don't care if he's a bust, if he did exactly that against guys in Seahawk uniforms he'd be a legend for life.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like Wilson is the Webzone's choice for being the pick.

Not because of QB play and you know it.
Share 49ersWebzone