There are 228 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Buchy:
I'd rather have Fields but I'll say this; the last uber athletic QB to win the Superbowl was Wilson (Mahomes is good but not uner athletic) and before him none have.

Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Sheriff Manning
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Eli Manning
Rogers
Brees
Roethlisberger

You get the point....

Mahomes is a very very good athlete. It's not all about speed.

The most athletic thing I have ever seen a QB do.
I'd rather have Fields but I'll say this; the last uber athletic QB to win the Superbowl was Wilson (Mahomes is good but not uner athletic) and before him none have.

Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Sheriff Manning
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Eli Manning
Rogers
Brees
Roethlisberger

You get the point....

That list just made me hate Brady even more.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
so if the plan was to upgrade the QB room and build for the future & create some top 5 QBs...what's a better plan?

Mac Jones and Nate Sudfeld

OR

Jimmy Garoppolo and Lance/fields

I mean objective you can say the first one...how do you sell that to the fans??

Watch Kyle draft Fields, Lynch will trade JG on Friday and then on Sunday afternoon JL will announce we signed RG3.
Originally posted by Heroism:
how do you sell that to the fans??

Win. I don't care who they draft as long as they win. That's all that matters in the end.

You didn't answer my question what's a better QB room?

OR

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Probably Jimmy, Jones and Sudfeld...

You are building one game plan for those 3. You know the pocket is not going to move around or have the qb in motion a ton.

Explain why Fields or Lance can't do the same thing Jimmy does for this team?

Win. I don't care who they draft as long as they win. That's all that matters in the end.

OR

I did. You asked, "how do you sell that to the fans?" By winning. That's how you sell that to the fans.
so if the plan was to upgrade the QB room and build for the future & create some top 5 QBs...what's a better plan?

OR

What they do with Jimmy is not dependent on the qb they take.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Sheriff Manning
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
Eli Manning
Rogers
Brees
Roethlisberger

You get the point....

Mahomes is a very very good athlete. It's not all about speed.

The most athletic thing I have ever seen a QB do.

And the whole look who's won a SB crap is old and stale...yeah 10 yrs ago every QB was a pure in the pocket QB. The kids that are learning to play QB are actually legit athletes now...the rules have changed. And win one dude wins like 6 SBs it's a bit misleading lol

you can rifle off a laundry list of pure in the pocket passers who haven't won s**t just as well.

not sure why people don't want a guy that can do both....Because there are two guys that can
Originally posted by tjd808185:
What they do with Jimmy is not dependent on the qb they take.

According to who?

OR

Fair question.

I personally wanted Garoppolo to start and play as long as possible no matter the rookie QB.

But getting rid of him certainly doesn't improve the QB room. His $25M rollover will help and the draft pick when he goes to NE but not the QB room at all.

I did. You asked, "how do you sell that to the fans?" By winning. That's how you sell that to the fans.

And I asked which QB room do you take?

OR

Well how about the new question...What's a better QB room for the 2021 season? Mac + Sudefield or Jimmy + Lance/Fields + Sudefield?

I think Jimmy being around makes this team better. He's better than everyone of the rookies if he's healthy IMO. Fields/Lance add an interesting wrinkle if they're called upon as rookies and hopefully could match his production from the pocket. Mac would hopefully be able to play at Jimmy's level if he's called upon as a rookie.

I am not a believer that any of them, including Mac, can step in day 1 and match a vet's performance.
According to who?

This one is on you to prove.
Holy crap are u kidding me??? I don't want Mac, and really want fields, but is there really faux outrage over a college kid getting drunk??? As long as he isn't getting behind the wheel who gives a crap? Yes I know he has a dwi, but it's a college kid having a good time here, nothing to see.
And I asked which QB room do you take?

The one that wins more.
Share 49ersWebzone