There are 148 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Because he's a troll. He loves this s**t.

Well he's trolling me pretty good lol.

and no I don't think that's the case, he's not gonna waste his time just to get everyone all hot and bothered.

He absolutely would. He's a grade A a*****e. They play the pro day shell game every offseason.

Again, I'm not saying they're not taking Jones. I'm saying this pro day s**t isn't predictive.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
It's not as bad as you think, for two reasons.
(1):
The main problem is you and a bunch of other people don't realize that field vision and processing are PHYSICAL TRAITS, in the exact same way that speed is. One out of fifty guys ever gets appreciably better at these. Jimmy has been here years and has not improved in those categories. Nor have CJ and Nick. Guys just don't usually get better at that.

So if you start thinking of these two things as talents, it might make it hurt less if they take McCorkle.

(2):
That said, it's entirely possible Shanahan went to the Pro Day because he is still evaluating these guys.

I mean, if he knows he's taking McCorkle, why even go?

I like your 1. 2 is obvious: to talk to your new quarterback. There's not a lot of legal face time allowed these days.

Here's the bottom line. Kyle doesn't trust Jimmy to put the game in his hands. He won't be protecting McCorkle for long.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Nope his final mock and only mock a week before the draft he had SF drafting OT Josh Jones and trading out of 31.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/

"Peter King: 49ers 'desperate' for space-eating defensive tackle like Javon Kinlaw

Defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw," writes King in his latest Football Morning in America column. "Another defensive lineman in the first round?!! This sounds crazy, and maybe it is, after all the first-round defensive-line capital the Niners have used up. (Consider Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Solomon Thomas, Nick Bosa in the last five drafts.) But I hear the Niners are desperate for a space-eating defensive tackle who can threaten the pocket, and that's what the 315-pound and athletic Kinlaw does."

And the article I posted was days after he said that

23. San Francisco (trade with New England)—Josh Jones, offensive tackle, HoustonIn this projection, I'd have the Niners moving to 23 and getting New England's first-round pick in 2021. Good value, but it won't help John Lynch trying to get a pick or two in the two-day gulf between picks 31 and 156. So I think the Niners look to trade one of their two first-rounders again, so they can add an extra pick in round two or three. If they stay here, tackle's the right call. With Joe Staley having either one year or zero years left, it's a good time to pick a long-term tackle. Jones started for four years at left tackle—45 games—and that's not something you can say for many collegiate tackles these days.

King is far from who's he's been in the past. He's been wrong plenty.

FWIW not a single person knew SF was trying to move up in the draft. Not even King, no one knows and king was grabbing something from Simms because of the relationship...even though Simms says he doesn't talk to Kyle as much anymore.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:21 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If only...now hear me out...if only there was a definitive day in which each team had to officially and permanently declare their interest in an available player.
Kyle Shanahan has never attended a Pro Day outside of the local one at Stanford, and I believe he only attended it in 2017.

and no I don't think that's the case, he's not gonna waste his time just to get everyone all hot and bothered.

If they do draft him there's no way you can be truly surprised.
this is just like trading up and over drafting CJ, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis and drafting a punter in the 4th just on a much grander scale.
Originally posted by roasthawg:
Originally posted by swayze:
I hope that's true. I really don't think it makes much sense to trade all those picks for the lowest ceiling prospect. But Kyle's the genius, I'm just trying to figure out what the heck he's thinking

What makes you say he has the lowest ceiling? Most accurate passer in the draft as well as the best at going thru his progressions. The huge question is how will he play from under center.

I don't think there's much debate that he has the most limited physical tools among the top 5 passers
I disagree there...all Nick Saben cares about is winning titles. He doesn't need another player to get drafted high to recruit. I mean he did the same thing to Hurts and Tua all the same. Best player played. Hurts ended up sitting the bench after going to a title game and ultimately transferred.

No the Burrow's example proves you shouldn't call out what fields did.

I think you missed my point. I didn't call out what fields did at all, you're clearly
mixing me up with other people you've talked to before lol. I said he would have been a one year starter as well if he stayed at Ohio . And because a 5th round Qb beat him. Not a first rounder like Tua.
so you shouldn't hold it against him.
He absolutely would. He's a grade A a*****e. They play the pro day shell game every offseason.

Again, I'm not saying they're not taking Jones. I'm saying this pro day s**t isn't predictive.

Hey I hope you're right...I see no point in doing that though.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ya'll are acting like the Jets are a lock to stay at #2 and I simply don't think that's the case. Maybe they will. But it's not a done deal. Any evidence presented as the reason they'll stay is just opinion. Nobody knows a god damn thing.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle Shanahan has never attended a Pro Day outside of the local one at Stanford, and I believe he only attended it in 2017.

Apparently his dad was on hand for the Zach Wilson pro day which I kinda find more interesting than Kyle being there...
[ Edited by Costanza on Mar 28, 2021 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Oilcan:

If they do draft him there's no way you can be truly surprised.
this is just like trading up and over drafting CJ, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis and drafting a punter in the 4th just on a much grander scale.

That's just so true, and they'll say the exact same thing "we had to have our guy"
One would hope that they're there to look at other Alabama prospects. Najee Harris, Landon Dickerson, etc.
Mac will be the pick and the webzone will explode.
Ya'll are acting like the Jets are a lock to stay at #2 and I simply don't think that's the case. Maybe they will. But it's not a done deal. Any evidence presented as the reason they'll stay is just opinion. Nobody knows a god damn thing.

Does it matter if they do or don't? We'd probably take Mac Jones even if we had the first overall pick.
Share 49ersWebzone