There are 120 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

• zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
-Bigger arm

-Better ball placement and accuracy. Jones is putting the ball on the money at a crazy rate so far.

-Bama is a much more pass happy offense than when McCarron was playing there in a run oriented offense. McCarron's best year at Bama he threw for 2,900 yards and 30 TD's in 14 games. In his 6 games this year, Jones has already amassed 2,100 yards passing and 16 TD's.

-McCarron had a hotter girlfriend

Indeed on the girlfriend part. I just have a hard time trusting SEC quarterbacks not named Joe Burrow/Matt Stafford/Dakota Prescott, plus he has 10 starts in two seasons, so I worry about the Trubsky effect, plus are his stats elevated due to playing around NFL talent at every position and playing in this weird, bizzaro SEC schedule where he might not even play LSU this weekend due to Covid. From what I've seen of him, his skill set definitely translates to the next level, I'm just not totally sold on him yet. I think he's the fifth best QB at this point, but things can change between now and then.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2917249-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-trevor-lawrence-is-a-true-nfl-draft-unicorn
Speaking of quarterbacks, rumors around the scouting community indicate the San Francisco 49ers are investing serious time and resources into scouting signal-callers. One area scout told me the team has sent top evaluator Adam Peters to see BYU's Zach Wilson and Alabama's Mac Jones this season.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2917249-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-trevor-lawrence-is-a-true-nfl-draft-unicorn
Speaking of quarterbacks, rumors around the scouting community indicate the San Francisco 49ers are investing serious time and resources into scouting signal-callers. One area scout told me the team has sent top evaluator Adam Peters to see BYU's Zach Wilson and Alabama's Mac Jones this season.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
So now the whole world knows SF is thinking QB, time to get destroyed in trade compensation!

Kidding.......

Oh yeah, inject that s**t straight into my veins!
Yessssssss.

Too bad the Bama-LSU game is getting postponed. Probably what Peters was there for.
Originally posted by zero:

Doing some 1st and 2nd round scouting!
Mac Jones would be a younger version of Matt Ryan.

Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Mac Jones would be a younger version of Matt Ryan.

Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
That's the problem. Especially the last bit. If Shanahan truly desired greatness he'd be over the moon to draft a QB that has the intangibles and abilities of Wilson. However, you hit the nail on the head by saying that he wants an extension of himself at QB, basically a robot to go out and run plays and not create magic or lift up a team on his own.

I love how its been decided that if you're more of a conventional pocket passer, you don't have the ability to carry an offense on your own. You don't need to be Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray to be able to put up huge numbers as a passer in the NFL.

Someone that can sit in the pocket, ....

I think it's been looking moreso like Someone physically confined to the pocket since Shanahan's been here, although the league is clearly going in another direction, that's at least concerning until Shanahan shows he doesn't mind bucking his own trend
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 10, 2020 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
That's the problem. Especially the last bit. If Shanahan truly desired greatness he'd be over the moon to draft a QB that has the intangibles and abilities of Wilson. However, you hit the nail on the head by saying that he wants an extension of himself at QB, basically a robot to go out and run plays and not create magic or lift up a team on his own.

I love how its been decided that if you're more of a conventional pocket passer, you don't have the ability to carry an offense on your own. You don't need to be Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray to be able to put up huge numbers as a passer in the NFL.

Someone that can sit in the pocket, ....

I think it's been looking moreso like Someone physically confined to the pocket since Shanahan's been here, although the league is clearly going in another direction, that's at least concerning until Shanahan shows he doesn't mind bucking his own trend

His dad won with athletic, though older, quarterbacks by the names of Steve Young and John Elway.
[ Edited by fropwns on Nov 10, 2020 at 8:10 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
His dad won with athletic, though older, quarterbacks by the names of Steve Young and John Elway.

I think Kyle would have won the Super Bowl last February if he'd had either Young or Elway in their prime on the team.
That's where the bar is set, Mac Jones. Good luck with that.
Mac Jones >> Zach Wilson
Share 49ersWebzone