49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 169 users in the forums

Chances of getting a very high draft pick?

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
SOS is going to count against us.

Right now 8th has 3 wins so we're not far off top 10.

Next week is pretty big considering we have the bye.

Texans v Patriots, Panthers v Lions, Viking v Cowboys, Chargers v Jets, Washington v Bengals,

Teams will either win and join us on 4 wins or get closer to us by moving to 3 wins.

Following week also has 4 games between teams below us.

If we lose to the Rams it's going to be very congested around us no matter what.

We need some teams to join us with 4 wins. Come on bottom dwellers you can do it. LOL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We can but it would require a very precise ritual where we all gather in the parking lot of Levi's on a late weekday evening with everyone garbed in loincloth and gathered in a large circle, holding hands and chanting loudly to bring the blessings of William Ernest Walsh upon this franchise.

Originally posted by braap49er:
I was just thinking about this. There's a good chance we end up 6-10. Beating the Redskins and Cowboys this year. So we will be in the 15-20 range

That is so bad. This team is much worse than that. And deserves a much better pick.
I was just thinking about this. There's a good chance we end up 6-10. Beating the Redskins and Cowboys this year. So we will be in the 15-20 range

No team in the last 10 years has drafted lower than 12th with a 6-10 record.

There's going to be 14 playoff teams this year so even by default the lowest we can draft is 18th and that's if we have the best record of non play off teams.

Right. And you can take Cincy, Chargers, Dallas, and Miami (Houston pick) will not be taking QBS. All will finish worse than SF, that in effect gets us plus 4 spots. How many of Vikings, Panthers, Falcons,, Lions, Eagles, Pats, Broncos, and Washington will finish worse than SF? Jax and Jets are locks to be the top 2 picks.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 15, 2020 at 7:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:

There's going to be 14 playoff teams this year so even by default the lowest we can draft is 18th and that's if we have the best record of non play off teams.

Right. And you can take Cincy, Chargers, Dallas, and Miami (Houston pick) will not be taking QBS. All will finish worse than SF, that in effect gets us plus 4 spots. How many of Vikings, Panthers, Falcons,, Lions, Eagles, Pats, Broncos, and Washington will finish worse than SF? Jax and Jets are locks to be the top 2 picks.

Vikings, Pats and Lions will all be higher than us if we lose to the Rams.

Eagles will depend on winning NFC East

Broncos are like us unfortunately and only have a couple games you'd give them a shot in.

Washington are probably a lock to join the Jets and Jags in picking ahead of us unless we lose to them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:
Alex gonna carve us up

Drew Brees couldn't even carve up this patched up defense. WTF is Smith gonna do.
I can see us winning 7 games Imo, which Isn't gonna be good enough for us to draft one of the best Qbs In the draft unless we make a big trade.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Nov 15, 2020 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I can see us winning 7 games Imo, which Isn't gonna be good enough for us to draft one of the best Qbs In the draft unless we make a big trade.

Where is this mysterious 7th victory coming from? I can't see us beating Buffalo, AZ, LA, or Seattle.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Where is this mysterious 7th victory coming from? I can't see us beating Buffalo, AZ, LA, or Seattle.

I think we'll beat the Seahawks with most of our key guys back. Look what the rams did to them today? We should have Jimmy, Mostert, Deebo, And Wilson back by then too. I also think we'll have a chance of beating the cards. I still believe they are overrated.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Nov 15, 2020 at 8:38 PM ]
Draft position won´t matter because we´ll have to trade up to get our QB like the Chiefs did in 2017.

Just get our FQB no matter the cost.

Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Draft position won´t matter because we´ll have to trade up to get our QB like the Chiefs did in 2017.

Just get our FQB no matter the cost.

No doubt we'll have to trade up but trading up from 15 rather than 10 can be different for a lot of reasons. Not just cost, but which teams are willing to trade.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

Dallas takes Fields if at #2 imo.
No doubt we'll have to trade up but trading up from 15 rather than 10 can be different for a lot of reasons. Not just cost, but which teams are willing to trade.

People are trying to will this into existence but if the 49ers end up 6-10 or 7-9, they're likely out of range of any of the top 3 QB's and possibly even Lance as well, if they were even interested in him to start with. They'd pretty much have to lose every single game left to be within striking distance of Fields or Wilson. This is why people shouldn't fall in love with one prospect and completely ignore the possibility of any others. Odds are good that if they draft a QB, its going to be someone in the mid to late 1st round.

People are trying to will this into existence but if the 49ers end up 6-10 or 7-9, they're likely out of range of any of the top 3 QB's and possibly even Lance as well, if they were even interested in him to start with. They'd pretty much have to lose every single game left to be within striking distance of Fields or Wilson. This is why people shouldn't fall in love with one prospect and completely ignore the possibility of any others. Odds are good that if they draft a QB, its going to be someone in the mid to late 1st round.

This is why I'm not even paying much attention to the QB's

I know the names of the top 6 and seen a few highlights, but I'm not going to go watching intently just because QB is possibly on our radar now.

At the end of the day Kyle will like who Kyle likes.

Having said that, the higher the pick, the more options we have.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Nov 15, 2020 at 9:16 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone