There are 168 users in the forums

Chances of getting a very high draft pick?

Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I can see us winning 7 games Imo, which Isn't gonna be good enough for us to draft one of the best Qbs In the draft unless we make a big trade.

Where is this mysterious 7th victory coming from? I can't see us beating Buffalo, AZ, LA, or Seattle.

I bet it will play out so a win by Seattle in the last game doesn't mean a whole lot so they play their subs and we win.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by braap49er:
I was just thinking about this. There's a good chance we end up 6-10. Beating the Redskins and Cowboys this year. So we will be in the 15-20 range

No team in the last 10 years has drafted lower than 12th with a 6-10 record.

There's going to be 14 playoff teams this year so even by default the lowest we can draft is 18th and that's if we have the best record of non play off teams.

Right. And you can take Cincy, Chargers, Dallas, and Miami (Houston pick) will not be taking QBS. All will finish worse than SF, that in effect gets us plus 4 spots. How many of Vikings, Panthers, Falcons,, Lions, Eagles, Pats, Broncos, and Washington will finish worse than SF? Jax and Jets are locks to be the top 2 picks.

Dallas might take a QB, it is possible. But still, any of those 4 teams would be a risk to trade the pick to a QB needy team - so that really doesn't help us.
Originally posted by hello49:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I can see us winning 7 games Imo, which Isn't gonna be good enough for us to draft one of the best Qbs In the draft unless we make a big trade.

Where is this mysterious 7th victory coming from? I can't see us beating Buffalo, AZ, LA, or Seattle.

I bet it will play out so a win by Seattle in the last game doesn't mean a whole lot so they play their subs and we win.

Seattle's going to have to win to get a bye or win the division, so it'll matter.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Honestly it looks like this team needs a lot, the biggest is QB play and injuries, key players come back next year which will make this team again look like a real contender, just Bosa being back alone with Kinlaw, AA and Ford ( he's the least I count on ), Hyder, DJ, Givens, a rookie edge or a vet like Kerrigan will make this D greater, our LBs are solid, a late rd stud they will chose bc they are great at scouting the LBer position, secondary plays better each week, I'm good with Moseley, Verrett, Williams, a draft pick and Taylor. S I think we are stuck with Ward, but I LOVE that Moore got the start and played well ! Then it's our offense, when Mostert, Deebo, Aiyuk, Juice and Kittle are healthy and have a real QB how do you stop them ??? Then the OL Williams, Tomlinson, Mcglinchey are starters on every team in the league, Richburg is a good C but injuries, RG needs improvement.

So I think improvement start with QB, RG or C, ER, DB, LB, S..

I'm ok with trading up for the QB we want if we have to, then go after the other needs

Then the OL Williams, Tomlinson, Mcglinchey are starters on every team in the league, Richburg is a good C but injuries, RG needs improvement

Tomlinson, and Mcglinchey would not be starters on EVERY team in the league.

Only one team gets a bye this year so more teams will be motivated to win game 16.
[ Edited by pdfortune on Nov 16, 2020 at 5:43 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Alex gonna carve us up

Drew Brees couldn't even carve up this patched up defense. WTF is Smith gonna do.

He's gonna check down the s**t out of us.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Rams in two weeks coming off of a bye, with Sherm/Deebo/Mostert all coming back. Kyle can dumb down the offense like he did in week 6 for Jimmy and who knows what happens. Finishing this thing 7-9 would give me mixed emotions though.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Draft position won´t matter because we´ll have to trade up to get our QB like the Chiefs did in 2017.

Just get our FQB no matter the cost.

John and Kyle have to be looking at this as their second and maybe final shot to get the guy. They need to do what is necessary to get that guy if one of them is. Sounds nuts but like Bosa or a combo of other starters. We are done in the NFC west without one. Murray is turning into a better Wilson. No choice
[ Edited by socal1632 on Nov 16, 2020 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
Draft position won´t matter because we´ll have to trade up to get our QB like the Chiefs did in 2017.

John and Kyle have to be looking at this as their second and maybe final shot to get the guy. They need to do what is necessary to get that guy if one of them is. Sounds nuts but like Bosa or a combo of other starters. We are done in the NFC west without one. Murray is turning into a better Wilson. No choice

To be clear you are advocating trading Bosa (arguably a top 3 player at his position for an unproven college QB) or another starter (the league's best TE or MLB)? If so, that's nuts, really nuts. Not on board with that at all.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 16, 2020 at 9:05 AM ]

Stopped reading at Bosa
If we lose out (which is possible with the amount of injuries piling up) I can see top 10 and enough assets to trade up if needed. QB is always a hot topic but if there is a quality o-line we gotta take one. But that depends what we wanna do at QB.

Originally posted by BMoore56:

Stopped reading at Bosa

You might also want to read the part about all the other stud qb's in the NFC. Maybe not Bosa but will need to be enticing to move up
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Stopped reading at Bosa

You might also want to read the part about all the other stud qb's in the NFC. Maybe not Bosa but will need to be enticing to move up

Why do people forget that you can trade with future draft picks? You don't always have to trade players.

All the more reason to keep acquiring pass rushers to lay them out.
Is there any feasible way to trade up to #1? I haven't been paying attention to the incoming QBs, but what's the WZ consensus for top 5?
We moved up after this week to 13. The bad news was Washington went to 4 and they are the team likely to take the 3rd qb. A team in the top 5 that wants a qb likely won't trade down. That leaves Dallas right now as main target thought many games left. Any win will hurt us being in range to trade up easily.
Share 49ersWebzone