There are 168 users in the forums

Chances of getting a very high draft pick?

Originally posted by jobiwon:
We moved up after this week to 13. The bad news was Washington went to 4 and they are the team likely to take the 3rd qb. A team in the top 5 that wants a qb likely won't trade down. That leaves Dallas right now as main target thought many games left. Any win will hurt us being in range to trade up easily.
Washington still has 4 out of 6 games on there schedule that they could easily win. They have the Bengals,Cowboys, 49ers, and Panthers. While I think it is doubtful we will end up higher than them in the draft order(unless of course they manage to beat us). I Definitely think there is a good chance they could fall down significantly more from the 4th position giving us a chance to leap them in the draft. A lot of bad teams right now, A lot of these bad teams will be playing each other before the season ends. So I can see a lot of movement from 3-15 in the draft order before the end of the season.
We are between 10 to 15 at the moment
What is trending up Alex.
Originally posted by 9moon:
We are between 10 to 15 at the moment

We need top 5.

A vikings win tonight helps our chances
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:

We move to 12 if the Vikings hold on and win.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:

We move to 12 if the Vikings hold on and win.

Well that's good. We need to move higher.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Is there any feasible way to trade up to #1? I haven't been paying attention to the incoming QBs, but what's the WZ consensus for top 5?

Nope.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Is there any feasible way to trade up to #1? I haven't been paying attention to the incoming QBs, but what's the WZ consensus for top 5?

Nope.

Yup, I don't think the Jets and Jags give up #1 or #2 respectively
The thing that scares me most is Dallas and Washington still on the schedule

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Likely only have 2 possible wins remaining. Dallas and Washington. That puts us at 6-10. I think realistically our first round pick will be in the 7th-12th range if that happens.

5-11 gets us 5th-8th
4-12 gets us 3rd-6th

We need 4 - 12. This team is so bad. My gosh.

This would certainly give us a chance to get a young QB from this class. I want one who can scramble.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
The thing that scares me most is Dallas and Washington still on the schedule

With all the players that are coming back, I could see the 49ers win both those games.
I like Fields, but we aren't getting him. I think we ride JG again next year. With that in mind, I say we take a CB or DE top pick. If we can get Rousseau, ill take it. Can never have enough pass rushers. We would still need to be around 5 to get either top CB's or the DE.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Nope.

Yup, I don't think the Jets and Jags give up #1 or #2 respectively

So it's a foregone conclusion that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2, so the draft really starts at 3. And if we want Wilson, that's really the only pick we can be assured to get him. There seems to be some disagreement as to which QB is next in the pecking order, but I does appear to be a strong QB class.
So it's a foregone conclusion that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2, so the draft really starts at 3. And if we want Wilson, that's really the only pick we can be assured to get him. There seems to be some disagreement as to which QB is next in the pecking order, but I does appear to be a strong QB class.

No foregone conclusions because the draft order is not set. The only sure thing is Lawrence at 1, after that we will see how the QB order shakes out.

Fields is the favorite for #2 QB off the board but that could change.
Share 49ersWebzone