There are 151 users in the forums

Chances of getting a very high draft pick?

Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
So it's a foregone conclusion that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2, so the draft really starts at 3. And if we want Wilson, that's really the only pick we can be assured to get him. There seems to be some disagreement as to which QB is next in the pecking order, but I does appear to be a strong QB class.

No foregone conclusions because the draft order is not set. The only sure thing is Lawrence at 1, after that we will see how the QB order shakes out.

Fields is the favorite for #2 QB off the board but that could change.

I guess my point is that it'll either be JAX picking at #2 for Fields or some other team trading up to #2 to pick Fields.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I like Fields, but we aren't getting him. I think we ride JG again next year. With that in mind, I say we take a CB or DE top pick. If we can get Rousseau, ill take it. Can never have enough pass rushers. We would still need to be around 5 to get either top CB's or the DE.

Agreed. Although I think a pass rusher wins the prize. Much as I like Ford, I think we need to assume that he won't make it through a whole season.
Originally posted by evil:
So it's a foregone conclusion that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2, so the draft really starts at 3. And if we want Wilson, that's really the only pick we can be assured to get him. There seems to be some disagreement as to which QB is next in the pecking order, but I does appear to be a strong QB class.

No foregone conclusions because the draft order is not set. The only sure thing is Lawrence at 1, after that we will see how the QB order shakes out.

Fields is the favorite for #2 QB off the board but that could change.

I guess my point is that it'll either be JAX picking at #2 for Fields or some other team trading up to #2 to pick Fields.

That seems to be the popular scenario currently. But once the season ends and people dig more into tape, we go thru the Senior Bowl and Combine, things can change as to whether Fields is still seen as the clear cut #2 QB in the class.

*Edit*

At this time a couple drafts ago, Josh Rosen was the clear cut #2 behind Darnold. Baker ended up #1 overall.

And with regards to the 16' class at this same point in the season, Wentz was not in the convo to go 2nd overall or even in the top 10.
[ Edited by evil on Nov 18, 2020 at 11:17 AM ]
I don't see the 49ers winning more than 0ne or two more games. Maybe none since all the remaining games on their schedule are against teams that will be fighting for a playoff berth. Dallas and Washington aren't good but they both have a chance at winning that awful division. Buffalo could be battling Miami. The other 3 games are our division rivals who are all tied at 6-3.

I know we're getting some guys back from the IR but I don't know if it will make a lot of difference. I'd rather lose them all than win 1 or 2.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't see the 49ers winning more than 0ne or two more games. Maybe none since all the remaining games on their schedule are against teams that will be fighting for a playoff berth. Dallas and Washington aren't good but they both have a chance at winning that awful division. Buffalo could be battling Miami. The other 3 games are our division rivals who are all tied at 6-3.

I know we're getting some guys back from the IR but I don't know if it will make a lot of difference. I'd rather lose them all than win 1 or 2.

Same. There's literally no point in us winning any more games this year, either than pride for the players and moral victories. Best case is we lose out and Washington and Dallas win a couple. Then, hopefully one of LAC, Cincinnati, Miami (via Houston) will be in the top 5 and willing to trade down so we can get a QB.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I like Fields, but we aren't getting him. I think we ride JG again next year. With that in mind, I say we take a CB or DE top pick. If we can get Rousseau, ill take it. Can never have enough pass rushers. We would still need to be around 5 to get either top CB's or the DE.

Agreed. Although I think a pass rusher wins the prize. Much as I like Ford, I think we need to assume that he won't make it through a whole season.

100%. I loved the Ford move, but many of our the moves have not really gone our way. It's unfortunate and even statistically ridiculous how unlucky we've been with health.

That being said last year showed us what we can be when fully healthy with solid drafting. This is why I want another DE to pair with Bosa. If Ford ends up playing that's just gravy. Rotating guys in and out helps everyone etc. Next is a solid CB and o-line. We simply need to improve these positions. The only way we take a qb is if one they hold in high regard is there when we pick, if that happens I am all for it.
Share 49ersWebzone