LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 98 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by NCommand:
Not sure if you guys agree.

Good so now hopefully he can go top 11
With Dallas off the board drafting a QB, and Philadelphia owner stating today that he wants the team to built around Jalen hurts, 49ers inch a tad closer in getting franchise QB.
There are 7 QB's being talked up alot in this draft class. The Niners should be able to grab one of them.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
With Dallas off the board drafting a QB, and Philadelphia owner stating today that he wants the team to built around Jalen hurts, 49ers inch a tad closer in getting franchise QB.

Wow. That puts things into perspective.

So much comes down to where they go end of the day.

Need the Dolphins to stick with Tua and Falcons to stick with Ryan.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Need the Dolphins to stick with Tua and Falcons to stick with Ryan.

Admittedly I didn't watch many Dolphins games last year but from what I caught on ESPN Tua didn't look hardly terrible enough to give up on after 8 games
Originally posted by JTB1974:
There are 7 QB's being talked up alot in this draft class. The Niners should be able to grab one of them.

Reality is we won't like/love them all. So the pool of potential QBs we might take shrinks.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wow. That puts things into perspective.

Agree, and how stable and good is the Offensive coordinator where the rookie QB ends up. Its useless to get a Mahomes 2.0 if he's throwing to AJ Jenkins 2.0.

Without the combine this year, will this years QB class still need to take the Wonderlic test?

The average score is championship QBs is actually pretty decent. If you had a coin flip between 2 QBs would it play into your decision ?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Good so now hopefully he can go to the 49ers

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Good so now hopefully he can go to the 49ers

I had to go back and reread what I typed cause I was damn sure I didn't type what you "quoted" lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

1000000000%
I revisited this Sam Darnold eval by accident, but it's a reminder of things to consider when evaluating the 2021 QB class. Darnold has the exact same flaws 3 years later. And Sam Darnold has been working on this stuff for years. I see him with QB coaches working on his footwork, throwing mechanics, etc. It's not like he's just sitting on his hands and doing nothing. Some things just never get fixed, especially the mental stuff like rewiring motor patterns, vision(esp tunnel vision), etc.

It's an important thing to keep in mind when evaluating the 2021 QB class. Most of these guys are who they are.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 9, 2021 at 2:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone