LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 197 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by Heroism:
I revisited this Sam Darnold eval by accident, but it's a reminder of things to consider when evaluating the 2021 QB class. Darnold has the exact same flaws 3 years later. And Sam Darnold has been working on this stuff for years. I see him with QB coaches working on his footwork, throwing mechanics, etc. It's not like he's just sitting on his hands and doing nothing. Some things just never get fixed, especially the mental stuff like rewiring motor patterns, vision(esp tunnel vision), etc.

It's an important thing to keep in mind when evaluating the 2021 QB class. Most of these guys are who they are.

That's what people fail to realize. Sometimes you are what you are.
Originally posted by rathman4481:

Yep.

Yep.

And sometimes you're Josh Allen
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Allen by far is the exception to the rule. Historically guys with Josh Allen's profile and production have busted and busted big time.

What will happen is predictable, some team chasing the next Allen or Mahomes will instead wind up with an enormous bust and then people will find some other new fad to hop on to.

After his 2020 season, yes, he is an outlier. But that was one great season out of three. If he reverts back to who he was before 2020, then he'll be another guy who was who he was with one outlier season. Let's see how he plays in 2021.
So basically what you're saying is we should draft Mac Jones
So basically what you're saying is we should draft Mac Jones

Thats what I'm hearing from all of this
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Allen by far is the exception to the rule. Historically guys with Josh Allen's profile and production have busted and busted big time.

What will happen is predictable, some team chasing the next Allen or Mahomes will instead wind up with an enormous bust and then people will find some other new fad to hop on to.

It's not just Allen or Mahomes, it's their HC, OC and QB coach that also put in the work to make them NFL QBs. How works Mahomes be if Singletary was his coach? On the other side we have Steve Young who Tampa let go and Walsh made him a HOFer.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
It's not just Allen or Mahomes, it's their HC, OC and QB coach that also put in the work to make them NFL QBs. How works Mahomes be if Singletary was his coach? On the other side we have Steve Young who Tampa let go and Walsh made him a HOFer.

And you don't think Kyle, McDaniel and Scangerello can pull it off?

Back the kid, back the coaches

Of course, the 49ers have interest in Peyton Ramsey.

I'm just not buying leaks this year, what are you going to do zoom someone? No one is spilling secrets over the phone.
I'm just not buying leaks this year, what are you going to do zoom someone? No one is spilling secrets over the phone.

It's probably his agent. They leaked all the zoom calls last year as well.

I'm not surprised they like Ramsey. The dude looks like a flea market mashup of Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garoppolo as thrower. He's pretty damn athletic, tho.

Mullens replacement.
Welp, it was fun while it lasted, boys.

Share 49ersWebzone