LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 207 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Matt Ryan has restructured his deal, and now he costs $40 mil in dead cap even next year! They are locked in for two years now, surely they can't draft a QB #4?

They should be desperate to trade back, maybe for a discount. I'd be surprised if they traded with the Panthers as well, could be a good spot.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Mar 16, 2021 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Matt Ryan has restructured his deal, and now he costs $40 mil in dead cap even next year! They are locked in for two years now, surely they can't draft a QB #4?

They should be desperate to trade back, maybe for a discount. I'd be surprised if they traded with the Panthers as well, could be a good spot.

Two years sounds about right for Trey Lance to sit.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Funny how that's the ideal scenario for us. But anyone else it doesn't make sense
Originally posted by krizay:

Funny how that's the ideal scenario for us. But anyone else it doesn't make sense

I think he can do it in 1, besides there's a big difference between #4 overall pick sitting that long and one at #12.

Also we have a QB who walks for less than 4 mil in dead cap at anytime as a cut, and has a very tradeable contract for us and the incoming team.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Mar 16, 2021 at 2:19 PM ]
I think both Lawrence and Wilson will do well in the NFL. Fields has a lot of talent, but when you think about Ohio St QB's history in the league, it's not very impressive. I think Jones is overrated...yes, he has excellent numbers, but same deal...outside of Namath and Stabler, how many 'Bama QB's have made a profound impact on the league...none, really. I believe Lantz has the pedigree...really just lacks experience. Overall, I think the 2020 QB class was considerably more impressive.
ICYMI

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think both Lawrence and Wilson will do well in the NFL. Fields has a lot of talent, but when you think about Ohio St QB's history in the league, it's not very impressive. I think Jones is overrated...yes, he has excellent numbers, but same deal...outside of Namath and Stabler, how many 'Bama QB's have made a profound impact on the league...none, really. I believe Lantz has the pedigree...really just lacks experience. Overall, I think the 2020 QB class was considerably more impressive.

Good take. We should never scout the player, only the college program they come from.

That is a terrible argument.

Who was the last Texas A&M QB before Mahomes to make an impact in the NFL? How about the last Cal QB before Rodgers? The last Purdue QB before Drew Brees? How about the last Oregon QB before Justin Herbert?

What if the Chargers had said "you know, we really like Herbert but Mariota didn't turn out the way people had hoped and Akili Smith and Joey Harrington were huge busts so this guy probably won't be good either?"

It makes zero sense to evaluate the jersey instead of the player, especially since programs and coaches can change pretty drastically in a short period of time.
ICYMI

This is great news, because that means a top CB, or LT or skill player will drop to 12.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Good take. We should never scout the player, only the college program they come from.

Romo and Jimmy G part of solid QB factories for sure !

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That is a terrible argument.

Who was the last Texas A&M QB before Mahomes to make an impact in the NFL? How about the last Cal QB before Rodgers? The last Purdue QB before Drew Brees? How about the last Oregon QB before Justin Herbert?

What if the Chargers had said "you know, we really like Herbert but Mariota didn't turn out the way people had hoped and Akili Smith and Joey Harrington were huge busts so this guy probably won't be good either?"

It makes zero sense to evaluate the jersey instead of the player, especially since programs and coaches can change pretty drastically in a short period of time.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I think this stat says the most for Justin Fields, for someone with apparently poor mechanics, that's pretty impressive.

Yes Mac's is better, but he's all about accuracy, Fields has much more to his game, and possesses an absolute cannon.

I'm a bit disappointed with Lance's, but he's had some big mechanical flaws that he seems to have corrected.
SF is moving up for a QB

Share 49ersWebzone