There are 165 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by NYniner85:
SF is moving up for a QB

You think so? I'm not sure yet lol. I honestly like Fields to sit a year. (assuming Wilson is def a jet as was always predicted)
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
SF is moving up for a QB

You think so? I'm not sure yet lol. I honestly like Fields to sit a year. (assuming Wilson is def a jet as was always predicted)

Absolutely, they just forked over a f**k ton of money for a LT and still need to pay Warner in a yr.

Jimmy is gone after this season. They need that cash to pay actual good players. They've set it up to where they can be flexiable enough to go get a QB.

Lance/Fields should be the targets to sit for a yr behind Jimmy.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
SF is moving up for a QB

For the guy you want the least!
Originally posted by FL9er:
SF is moving up for a QB

For the guy you want the least!

Nope, they're going high end ceiling...no more f**king around with McCorkle s**t.
Like I keep saying with the Panthers

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson.

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents.

They don't give a flying f**k....they will be the last guy touching the car at one of those "win a free car" dealership games.

Tepper doesn't want a rookie, he wants a grade A all-pro QB and doesn't care if he has to wait or overspend. I don't think they draft a QB this yr.

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson.

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents.

They don't give a flying f**k....they will be the last guy touching the car at one of those "win a free car" dealership games.

Tepper doesn't want a rookie, he wants a grade A all-pro QB and doesn't care if he has to wait or overspend. I don't think they draft a QB this yr.

If they want Watson that bad they could still draft a QB, knowing that they'd just trade him away if and when they land Watson.

I can really see them being in love with Mac from the Senior Bowl.

If I was in their War room I'd be pounding the table for Pitts.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Nope, they're going high end ceiling...no more f**king around with McCorkle s**t.

SF is moving up for a QB

Absolutely, they just forked over a f**k ton of money for a LT and still need to pay Warner in a yr.

Jimmy is gone after this season. They need that cash to pay actual good players. They've set it up to where they can be flexiable enough to go get a QB.

Or sit for the 6-8 games before he's injured.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 17, 2021 at 7:52 AM ]

Better go to plan D, Watson can veto any trade and he's mentioned the teams he'd play for.....Carolina isn't one. Alex Smith is still available.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 17, 2021 at 7:57 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
If they want Watson that bad they could still draft a QB, knowing that they'd just trade him away if and when they land Watson.

I can really see them being in love with Mac from the Senior Bowl.

If I was in their War room I'd be pounding the table for Pitts.

Not if Houston doesn't want that QB...they will go all in on Watson and it's not gonna stop before the draft either.

I could see them moving down to get MORE picks to package together for Watson. Hell I could see them taking Pitts and putting that in their trade package as well.

Houston IMO is going QB in 2022 if Watson is gone. They will be horrible regardless and probably getting a top 3 pick. They'll have a real yr of college football and scouting.

Originally posted by Rathof44:
Better go to plan D, Watson can veto any trade and he's mentioned the teams he'd play for.....Carolina isn't one. Alex Smith is still available.

I mean we don't truly know who he wants to play for...their been "sources" all over the place. I don't believe s**t lol

I mean we don't truly know who he wants to play for...their been "sources" all over the place. I don't believe s**t lol

Prolly right, but I think after his experience in Houston he'll prefer an immediate contender over rebuild. But you're right, who really knows. That said, I'm holding on to this dream!!!
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 17, 2021 at 8:16 AM ]

Prolly right, but I think after his experience in Houston he'll prefer an immediate contender over rebuild. But you're right, who really knows. That said, I'm holding on to this dream!!!

I think he just wants out lol
SF is moving up for a QB

I definitely believe they're going to trade up for one of those, that resigning of Trent was huge.
It's Mac Jones or trading up for Zach Wilson for me. I really want an accurate QB that can make reads. The rest is just window dressing.
Share 49ersWebzone