LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 166 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Well the idea is if they DO like one of them, they need to move up to secure them. If not then, then obviously they will stay put. I think those 4 QB will go top ten tbh. Mac Jones I'm not so sure but def round 1.

But if they don't move up they will be crucified because the narrative continues to be pushed that they aren't willing to go get their guy. Despite moving up to get their guy damn near every draft
Originally posted by krizay:
But if they don't move up they will be crucified because the narrative continues to be pushed that they aren't willing to go get their guy. Despite moving up to get their guy damn near every draft

if those QBs turn into stars and Jimmy is just meh or gets hurt for the tenth time....they should be.

We're all niner fans, we don't have to defend everything they've done (or haven't done).
49ers showed heavy interest in Andy Dalton and are now bringing in Joe Flacco. I still have a hard time believing Kyle is going to move away from his QB profile because all indications right now say he's not changing.
Originally posted by Heroism:
49ers showed heavy interest in Andy Dalton and are now bringing in Joe Flacco. I still have a hard time believing Kyle is going to move away from his QB profile because all indications right now say he's not changing.

I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Also, bringing in Flacco tells me they're committed to Jimmy because they're not going to roll into the season with Joe Flacco or a rookie as a starter.

It's not a good day for the people that want them to draft a QB, let alone trade up for one.

Also, bringing in Flacco tells me they're committed to Jimmy because they're not going to roll into the season with Joe Flacco or a rookie as a starter.

It's not a good day for the people that want them to draft a QB, let alone trade up for one.

I mean I'm not surprised. Would I love to see a trade up for a qb? yes, but its not their MO.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm telling ya it makes sense

Pretty much what you've been saying all along. Gotta look at financial side. Business decision.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 18, 2021 at 2:05 PM ]

Since when is Joe Flacco not mobile? The man is like a cannon armed gazelle out there.
I mean I'm not surprised. Would I love to see a trade up for a qb? yes, but its not their MO.

Gotta have someone to trade up for too. Maybe they love Zach Wilson? But if the Jets are taking him no matter what, then should they move up for the next highest ranked QB just for the heck of it? Good front offices don't work that way.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Gotta have someone to trade up for too. Maybe they love Zach Wilson? But if the Jets are taking him no matter what, then should they move up for the next highest ranked QB just for the heck of it? Good front offices don't work that way.

Of course. A lot of us like fields and Lance as well, but no telling what Kyle likes. Either of them need a couple years to develop. Kyle's more likely to trade down than up lol

I don't think the plan was to move off Jimmy and start a rookie regardless.

also if Joe does it get sign, it's gonna be for like $1M which doesn't mean he's even on the roster come September.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Those are good points. I'll just add maybe those meetings were set up prior to the Trent/Mack signing? Like if they didn't get Trent and Mack they'd be looking for veteran backup QB's to step in for Jimmy if he had rookie left tackle and a journeyman center, Flacco would be a guy that could step in for Jimmy for an extended period of time in Kyle's system. Since the got Mack and Trent, the just went ahead with the scheduled meeting anyway but didn't sign him because of getting Mack and Trent.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Those are good points. I'll just add maybe those meetings were set up prior to the Trent/Mack signing? Like if they didn't get Trent and Mack they'd be looking for veteran backup QB's to step in for Jimmy if he had rookie left tackle and a journeyman center, Flacco would be a guy that could step in for Jimmy for an extended period of time in Kyle's system. Since the got Mack and Trent, the just went ahead with the scheduled meeting anyway but didn't sign him because of getting Mack and Trent.

Or they didn't sign Dalton because he is getting 10 million and was told he was CHI's starter. Remains to be seen what happens with Flacco.

This.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm telling ya it makes sense

Pretty much what you've been saying all along. Gotta look at financial side. Business decision.

Cowherd is spot on and he didn't even mention Warner's contract.
Share 49ersWebzone