LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 102 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Heroism:
49ers showed heavy interest in Andy Dalton and are now bringing in Joe Flacco. I still have a hard time believing Kyle is going to move away from his QB profile because all indications right now say he's not changing.

This.

They're adding experience in the QB room to make up for a guy who doesn't have any.
[ Edited by All22 on Mar 19, 2021 at 6:34 AM ]
49ers showed heavy interest in Andy Dalton and are now bringing in Joe Flacco. I still have a hard time believing Kyle is going to move away from his QB profile because all indications right now say he's not changing.

Agreed. They are running with JG next year like it or not. Continue to improve the OL and hopefully JG can stay healthy and improve his confidence. I would suggest that is the best path forward. The shiny new toy syndrome is an issue. The success rate in the past for QBs in the first round is not that high.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Mar 19, 2021 at 7:44 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I was watching Trevor in his Pro Day on NFL network and man o man he looks so smooth. His passes were easy and he made those throws look so easy. Its hard to imagine he was doing that while significantly injured. He's going to be big in the NFL maybe like JOe Burrows - hope he stays healthy though.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I was watching Trevor in his Pro Day on NFL network and man o man he looks so smooth. His passes were easy and he made those throws look so easy. Its hard to imagine he was doing that while significantly injured. He's going to be big in the NFL maybe like JOe Burrows - hope he stays healthy though.

Remember Jamarcus Russell's pro day?
Originally posted by NCommand:

NY gonna have an aneurism.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 23, 2021 at 9:43 PM ]

Is it just me or is this class of QB full of talent? Lines us up perfectly to go CB or OL in the first AND still get a very talented QB later.

I'm all for depth via draft but it seems like we have good depth at most positions. Hoping we do some trade magic to get a couple more picks in rounds 1-4 and lose a bunch in the later rounds. Try to acquire starters that can contribute in 2021 for a SB run.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Is it just me or is this class of QB full of talent? Lines us up perfectly to go CB or OL in the first AND still get a very talented QB later.

I'm all for depth via draft but it seems like we have good depth at most positions. Hoping we do some trade magic to get a couple more picks in rounds 1-4 and lose a bunch in the later rounds. Try to acquire starters that can contribute in 2021 for a SB run.

Agreed. If we have a chance to move up at a reasonable cost to grab Josh Fields do it. If not, I think the 2nd tier with Davis Mills or Mond is very strong.
I'd go best player available at 12 then QB in the 2nd.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

lol I doubt it. No way Shanahan drafts him over Mac Jones.
Originally posted by Niners418:

Agreed. If we have a chance to move up at a reasonable cost to grab Josh Fields do it. If not, I think the 2nd tier with Davis Mills or Mond is very strong.

even if "Josh"

Originally posted by Niners418:

Do you think he will be drafted in the first round?

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Josh-Fields-RB-UTEP
We are about to find out what Shanny values in a QB and if he indeed change his philosphy
Share 49ersWebzone