LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 100 users in the forums

QB Class 2021

Keep in mind that Fields was the clear cut #2 behind Lawrence all year until the media hyped up the Wilson train at the end of the season. Maybe Saleh and the Jets are not buying the media hype and still have Fields higher than Wilson.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Keep in mind that Fields was the clear cut #2 behind Lawrence all year until the media hyped up the Wilson train at the end of the season. Maybe Saleh and the Jets are not buying the media hype and still have Fields higher than Wilson.

I'm old enough to remember when for an entire draft season, right up until the night or two before the draft, everyone was sure that Reggie Bush was going to be the top pick. Aaron Rodgers was up for #1 and then fell to 24. Crazy s**t happens in the draft. The Jets not picking Wilson wouldn't be crazy at all. Unexpected maybe, but not crazy.
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
Fields would be perfect for this team

I honestly think we should make a move with Miami on the first day of Free Agency to move up to 3 (maybe 12, our 3rd, 2022 1st), similar to what Philly did a few years ago to get Wentz, that way we can move on from Garoppolo right away, and use the freed up cap space to re-sign Trent Williams, Juszczyk, Verrett, etc. Then fill out the rest of our needs in the draft

All hail Nostradamus!

I honestly think we should make a move with Miami on the first day of Free Agency to move up to 3 (maybe 12, our 3rd, 2022 1st), similar to what Philly did a few years ago to get Wentz, that way we can move on from Garoppolo right away, and use the freed up cap space to re-sign Trent Williams, Juszczyk, Verrett, etc. Then fill out the rest of our needs in the draft

me on 2/28

except now I think I want Jones over Fields
me on 2/28

Why?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oh God Lance is JG with the deep accuracy. No thank you
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Trevor Lawrence throws one of the best deep balls I've ever seen. Completion percentage relies on so many things. A drop counts the same as a 20 yard overthrow
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
We should continue the talk that Wilson has crazy parents and he's fragile so that maybe he drops to us, if we don't want Fields 😀

me on 2/28

Lynch is that you ?

An interesting fact related to yesterday's trades...Over the last 10 yrs, the QBs that were traded up for in the top 3 picks include: RG3, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Darnold. This is a cautionary tale for the 49ers.
Originally posted by krizay:
An interesting fact related to yesterday's trades...Over the last 10 yrs, the QBs that were traded up for in the top 3 picks include: RG3, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Darnold. This is a cautionary tale for the 49ers.

What a weird stat! So trading up to 10 for Mahomes or 12 for Watson was ok just because it wasn't in the top 3? And Chicago trading from 3 to 2 is considered trading into the top 3?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Jimmy led the league in deep ball accuracy in his full season, no? But he also had the fewest attempts over 20 yards for a starter. We need to know how many attempts they had for this % to be meaningful at all.
This thread should be renamed the "Jones-Fields-Lance Thread" where people can guess and promote the guy they think the 49ers will draft.
Originally posted by rathman4481:
This thread should be renamed the "Jones-Fields-Lance Thread" where people can guess and promote the guy they think the 49ers will draft.

Yeah, it's time to consolidate QBs 3-5. Too much to jump around between the 3 and a consolidated one.
Share 49ersWebzone