There are 141 users in the forums

WITH THE 12TH PICK OF THE 2021 DRAFT...

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd like to seem them go 1st round QB, 2nd round CB or Safety, 4th round DT or DE. I also don't want to see anymore hybrids, no Tarvarius Moore's or Solomon Thomas', I just wanna see the player concentrate on one position on defense.

You don't want to address center if there's a good one available in the 2nd? I would at least look at both center and DB and stake the best guy available. We are likely to get a 3rd rounder for Saleh but that would be at the end of the 3rd.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
You don't want to address center if there's a good one available in the 2nd? I would at least look at both center and DB and stake the best guy available. We are likely to get a 3rd rounder for Saleh but that would be at the end of the 3rd.

Is that rule going to be implemented this offseason? Thought the NFLPA still has to approve it. Would be really nice though.
Originally posted by BSNAPZZ:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Is that rule going to be implemented this offseason? Thought the NFLPA still has to approve it. Would be really nice though.

It still needs to be approved by the players association but there's no reason why they wouldn't. It's just a matter of when they can meet again which I'm sure will happen before next season.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'm totally down with everything you said

Agreed, need to toss in an edge rusher too though
Man there's a lot of top 10 jockeying that can go on this weekend. The top 5 looks pretty set to me:

1.Jags L vs Chicago L vs Indy
2.Jets L vs Browns L vs New England
3. Bengals L vs Houston L Baltimore
4. Panthers L vs Washington L vs New Orleans
5. Falcons L vs KC L vs Tampa Bay

Even if Cincinnati were to beat Houston they'd still be at 4-11-1 so that wouldn't have bearing on us. It gets interesting from pick 6 on imo.

6. Houston W vs Cincinnati L vs Tennessee
7. Philly plays Dallas in 16 and Washington in 17
8. Dallas plays Philly in 16 and New York Giants in 17
9. Chargers play Denver in 16 and KC in 17
10. Giants play Bmore in 16 and Dallas in 17
11. Detroit plays Tampa in 16 and Minny in 17

Out of those teams Houston has a stronger SOS so they'd jump spots quickly with a win vs Cincy. Dallas and NY are obviously going to add a win to one of them putting them at 6 wins. The Chargers vs Denver is going to be another game putting a team at 6 wins so hopefully that's another spot. The other spot could possibly be Detroit pulling one off vs Minnesota and jumping to 6 wins.

Just spit balling around and I'm assuming we lose out but I'll venture to say we finish with pick 8 when it's all over with.
Who is in everyone's top ten? A couple of QB"s, a couple of CBs, a couple of WR's, a TE and maybe some LT"s?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Who is in everyone's top ten? A couple of QB"s, a couple of CBs, a couple of WR's, a TE and maybe some LT"s?

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance
Sewell
Chase
Farley
Parsons

I'd think those fir sure and a high chance another Tackle like Slater and/or Darrisaw plus a edge like Paye
You guys do understand they will sure up couple of those needs during free agency or trades.. yes we do need to sure up our corners interior line qb and another pass rusher but we will get a couple of those holes filled before the draft

Sewell
Chase
Farley
Parsons

I'd think those fir sure and a high chance another Tackle like Slater and/or Darrisaw plus a edge like Paye

IMO Kyle Pitts will go ahead of Farley and Parsons.

You really never know how the draft will fall but Pitts reminds me of the draft we took Vernon at 6.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Sewell
Chase
Farley
Parsons

IMO Kyle Pitts will go ahead of Farley and Parsons.

You really never know how the draft will fall but Pitts reminds me of the draft we took Vernon at 6.

I didn't mean to list those as far as the order I think they'll go just players picked top 10. Yeah Pitts seems to be mentioned a lot too.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Man there's a lot of top 10 jockeying that can go on this weekend. The top 5 looks pretty set to me:

1.Jags L vs Chicago L vs Indy
2.Jets L vs Browns L vs New England
3. Bengals L vs Houston L Baltimore
4. Panthers L vs Washington L vs New Orleans
5. Falcons L vs KC L vs Tampa Bay

Even if Cincinnati were to beat Houston they'd still be at 4-11-1 so that wouldn't have bearing on us. It gets interesting from pick 6 on imo.

6. Houston W vs Cincinnati L vs Tennessee
7. Philly plays Dallas in 16 and Washington in 17
8. Dallas plays Philly in 16 and New York Giants in 17
9. Chargers play Denver in 16 and KC in 17
10. Giants play Bmore in 16 and Dallas in 17
11. Detroit plays Tampa in 16 and Minny in 17

Out of those teams Houston has a stronger SOS so they'd jump spots quickly with a win vs Cincy. Dallas and NY are obviously going to add a win to one of them putting them at 6 wins. The Chargers vs Denver is going to be another game putting a team at 6 wins so hopefully that's another spot. The other spot could possibly be Detroit pulling one off vs Minnesota and jumping to 6 wins.

Just spit balling around and I'm assuming we lose out but I'll venture to say we finish with pick 8 when it's all over with.

Pick #8 - would be lovely.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah for sure, that would put us in perfect striking distance for a small move up for a QB or staying pat and getting an elite player
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah for sure, that would put us in perfect striking distance for a small move up for a QB or staying pat and getting an elite player

Trade for Stafford. $23 million is average salary for next 3 yrs. Trading JG should net a mid round pick. Losing Saleh also brings 3rd rd pick. Use one of these to acquire stafford. Cutting Ford after June 1st saves $15 million. Sign Justin Houston with some of that money. Trade with jaguars and pick up additional 2nd rd pick. CB 1st rd IOL with new 2nd rd pick and DE with original 2nd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danielrod1008:
Trade for Stafford. $23 million is average salary for next 3 yrs. Trading JG should net a mid round pick. Losing Saleh also brings 3rd rd pick. Use one of these to acquire stafford. Cutting Ford after June 1st saves $15 million. Sign Justin Houston with some of that money. Trade with jaguars and pick up additional 2nd rd pick. CB 1st rd IOL with new 2nd rd pick and DE with original 2nd.

I like it - a lot of possibilities.
Share 49ersWebzone