There are 194 users in the forums

WITH THE 12TH PICK OF THE 2021 DRAFT...

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If Surtain drops to 12 do we pass that up?

Defends who will be there that's available.. but if he's the highest player we have on our draft list, we gots to take him..

Theme of the draft should be... " TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE "...

Originally posted by 9moon:

Defends who will be there that's available.. but if he's the highest player we have on our draft list, we gots to take him..

Theme of the draft should be... " TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE "...

That's generally my thinking unless it's blatantly redundant to someone we have and not improving etc, but I agree. (Let's not forget many thought Solomon was bpa! But I thought redundant. Lol)

We have a very good roster but many problems as well. Drafting bpa shouldn't be a problem.

Hey this will be fun. Hopefully come draft time we are even more excited lol
  • Mr711

f**k no: and if we do f**k Lynch and Kyle for their failure to draft a fkn CB that's worth a hot damn. Surtain is exactly what you want in a CB. His work ethic should make him an even better pro once he gets drafted. High ceiling yet a rare lockdown CB.

IMHO it's a no brainer.
Trade down!!!! Trade down!!!! and Trade down again!!! This years draft is going to be a complete crapshoot, with a lot of talented players opting out last year, no combine, and reduced scouting, we owe it to ourselves to stockpile as many picks as we can for this year and next. Normally the draft process is refined, and a lot of players end up rising at combine, and through meetings. The draft is already hit or miss. This year, I envision there to be a lot of talent that get's overlooked and ends up dropping in the draft as a result. The best value we will find, I feel will be in the 2nd and 3d rounds. This is the hidden gem draft
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
f**k no: and if we do f**k Lynch and Kyle for their failure to draft a fkn CB that's worth a hot damn. Surtain is exactly what you want in a CB. His work ethic should make him an even better pro once he gets drafted. High ceiling yet a rare lockdown CB.

IMHO it's a no brainer.

Fax. He's my guy.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

IMHO it's a no brainer.

Fax. He's my guy.
Yeah he looks great and let's be real, it's going to match a need for us. I have no problem adding a starting every down corner. I just want whoever they draft rd 1 to start and contribute right away. If all these QB go before 12 it's going to be crazy pickings lol
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Mel Kiper has him falling to us, but I don't see it on draft day.

Again I defer to Hysterikal when it comes to DBs.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
12th pick used on:

1: Deshaun Watson
2: Aaron Rodgers
3: Zach Wilson
4: Trey Lance
5a: Caleb Farley
5b: Kwity Paye
6: Mac Jones
7: Matthew Stafford

Anyone else, and I'm probably pissed

Someone's going to be just a tad bit upset lol.
  • thl408
Why do some mocks have the 49ers selecting a TE at #12? That would be a terrible use of the pick in terms of need. Sure he may get some starter snaps a few games because Kittle always seems to get hurt but there are so many other more useful positions to fortify.
Originally posted by thl408:
Why do some mocks have the 49ers selecting a TE at #12? That would be a terrible use of the pick in terms of need. Sure he may get some starter snaps a few games because Kittle always seems to get hurt but there are so many other more useful positions to fortify.

Because many mocks are hot garbage? Trade down is better than TE at 12 IMO.

I love how we have no clue who will be available at 12 this year.

This should be a frantic wheel and deal type draft starting at pick #2

Far from our biggest need and it would be hard going this route with other needs. But man adding Jaylen Waddle in the slot and return game would be incredible.

Only reasoning with picking Pitts or any other receiver for that matter with the first pick is if we stick with Jimmy. Make it so you or I would be a decent QB with those weapons. Others have chimed in that it takes two years to fully recover from an ACL injury. It's not an easy decision to get rid of Jimmy because he's soooo popular in the locker room and what he means to this team.

However, I don't see it happening. We'll go QB if one of the top 4 falls to 12, CB or OL probably in that order....
[ Edited by pete98146 on Jan 26, 2021 at 11:53 AM ]

Because clicks. That's a luxury a team picking at 27-32 can do because they have a roster without glaring needs. We have needs

Some of these mocks are SO wrong every year yet they get paid to predict it.

IMHO it's a no brainer.

I have Farley, horn, and Stokes all arguably higher than Surtain

I looked at 7 mocks this morning and I think only one had the Niners taking a TE. Most of them had the Niners picking a DB. I think one had OL and one TE. One had them trading the pick for Stafford.
Share 49ersWebzone