LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 150 users in the forums

WITH THE 12TH PICK OF THE 2021 DRAFT...

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Odds are we have to move anyways to get Qb we want

Moving from 10 to 5 is one thing, you're not moving up 15 spots from the mid to early 1st when you have no 3rd round pick and a likely laundry list of needs. I think its more likely that they take a QB in the 2nd round than move up for one early.

Agreed. I think this team has 2 more wins in them. We need to be thinking trade down, corner + C + Quarterback now. They can still move up if they want to,but we need picks and players on cheap deals. Plus we are primed for a run next year with Jimmy, in spite of the limitations provided we have a real starting center.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Agreed. I think this team has 2 more wins in them. We need to be thinking trade down, corner + C + Quarterback now. They can still move up if they want to,but we need picks and players on cheap deals. Plus we are primed for a run next year with Jimmy, in spite of the limitations provided we have a real starting center.

This is provided he stays healthy, doesn't make mistakes, and learns how to read a defense. If these things all happen, we have an OL that pass protects better, and the defense continues to play well we can absolutely make a run.

I'd still rather have a true FQB that could take over games though. Guess we'll have to wait several more years before that though .
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Nov 29, 2020 at 6:42 PM ]
I don't hate the idea of drafting a C to develop, but I don't think the plan is to move on from Richburg.

I would rather get a G, but slim chances we take one in the first 2 rounds (No 3rd round pick either).
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
I don't hate the idea of drafting a C to develop, but I don't think the plan is to move on from Richburg.

I would rather get a G, but slim chances we take one in the first 2 rounds (No 3rd round pick either).

I wouldn't be surprised to see JL trade back 1-3 spots in round 1 to gain a few more later picks. I can see a move up into the 3rd.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This is provided he stays healthy, doesn't make mistakes, and learns how to read a defense. If these things all happen, we have an OL that pass protects better, and the defense continues to play well we can absolutely make a run.

I'd still rather have a true FQB that could take over games though. Guess we'll have to wait several more years before that though .

So would I, but we don't suck enough to have a realistic shot lol.

Also, whoever gets drafted likely wasn't playing in 2021 anyway.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If the Bears lose tonight against the Packers, we drop down to #16.
Adam Peters has traveled to see Alabama play. I know they are loaded with talent all over the field but I believe they specially went to see Mac Jones. I live in the heart of SEC country. I've seen him play a ton. He's definitely a Shanny guy. Would not shock me if the 49ers target him in the draft if they are too far out of range for one of the top 4 QB's.
Originally posted by mayo49:
If the Bears lose tonight against the Packers, we drop down to #16.

We are moving way down. And it's the wrong direction.
Welp any pipe dream of landing a franchise QB went up in smoke

Originally posted by AceDuce49:
Welp any pipe dream of landing a franchise QB went up in smoke

I'm sure we can find a QB outside the top 10 if that's the way we want to go. He may sit for a year, but it's not like every starting QB in the league was a top 10 pick.
Starting the day at 16.

I'm thinking we end up at 14 after today's games. Then we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Bears looking good... that will help hopefully
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:

Oops
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by irishluder:

Oops

Share 49ersWebzone